Hi Shopify community ,
I recently started my Shopify store and I am new to all this . I was hoping to get some constructive and honest feedback on my store and ways to improve it . I’ve Been following these boards and the community has been so helpful !
My store is www.beautybyglam.com
Congratulations for your store!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Hey there @Bbgglam ! Here's what I suggest -
1. You need to change the image size of the photographs on your homepage. You could the dimensions of the Facebook cover image - the best image dimensions presently!
2. You need to increase the size of headings - they are just not visible. In fact, after scrolling a long image, I almost skipped this section!
3. You need to increase the size of your text in product pages - in product description!
4. I guess you forgot to add a favicon in your store!
5. You could add suggestions on your product page. Don't leave the product page just like that .. utilize the space that's left there!
I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations!
We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning out sales/marketing/social media strategy!
As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey!
It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce!
Ps. We're just a message away!
Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-.
Have seen your store and here are some suggestions:
- Try to make the banners have the same size. Also the banners at the end of the homepage, maybe you can try to delete that.
- Maybe this part is too small, right?
- Don't waste the space like that, you can try to increase the text size.
- It would be great if you have Quickview buttons on those sections.
- And if you want to show more real-life product photos, please check this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It's very affordable and user-friendly.
Also, do you try to use some discount events like discount popups or referral events? It will help you a lot to increase your sales.
Hope it helps!
I would suggest work on your banner. Currently, It's quite long and in vertical shape which is little off. Make it in horizontal shape and add a strong caption in there. The banner is the most important place and it creates the first impression so make sure that you have a clear messenger in there with a good graphic to captivate your website visitors.
Moreover, if possible, add a short video on your homepage displaying your products. Video gets the highest engagement and it will add value to your homepage.
Add a blog page to improve your website SEO in the long run. You can publish weekly/bi-weekly updates on your blog page to keep your visitors engaged. Market those blogs through your social platforms.
Also, add your social platforms icons in the header or footer section of your website. Share graphic/video content on your Facebook and Instagram page to create engagement. It's a long process but its all fun and eventually pays off. Good Luck