Feedback on my store

Solved
Anthony63
1 0 0

Hello there,

I am a newcomer here, recently opened up a store. I have done ads, getting 200~ views per day, but not getting any sales. This is how my conversion rate looks like per day.

865DF954-7F24-467E-88D4-6A65B4D6118D.jpeg

 I have tweaked the page by adding some discount code pop ups, Reviews, Shipping locator. I would love to get some feedback on what should I do to start getting sales. It seems to be customers backing out at the last minute, reasons unknown to me.

Www.regianistore.com

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
738 81 168

Hey, @Anthony63! Congratulations on launching your Shopify store. I'd be happy to offer a couple of pieces of feedback.

One thing I would recommend tweaking is when/where your popup for the 15% off discount displays. Currently, it's at the very beginning of the homepage. This may not be the best time to display the offer since it blocks the customer from browsing the store and may turn them off altogether. However, if you set it so the pop-up only applies once per session on any product page. This gives them the incentive to take action on adding a product to their cart that they have shown some interest in.

Next up is your top menu. I'd recommend devoting it exclusively to shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'SHOP' menu item or parent categories (Household items). Create additional collections that you can have a display as a dropdown under household items so they can find exactly what they're looking for (cleaning tools, dishware, organization, etc). The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot! 

Lastly, I cannot recommend this guide enough for new entrepreneurs. It covers a variety of actional steps that you can take to get your first sale in 30 days. I highly encourage you to read through it and action some of the tips in there. 

I hope that helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Anthony63!  

Welcome to Shopify! For your first store, you’re done great. There are some tweaks here and there, but you’re on the right track.

Let’s just jump right in.

First thing: Your pop-up and confirmshaming. Confirmshaming is a dark pattern that tries to guilt visitors into clicking “yes” on an offer.

So in your case:

LuckyDanny_0-1602105321977.png

So two things to changes:

1. Remove the “No thanks, I don’t like discounts.” That mean seem harmless enough to you, but that’s a confirmshaming that doesn’t help build confidence from your visitors. It doesn’t make them more likely to convert.
  2. Change the timing of the pop-up. I know a lot of people use this type of pop-up as the first thing someone sees on your site. Instead, try this: adjust the timing so that someone would have to engage with your products first before seeing it. If they are already clicking into a collection or a product page, they may be more interested in an offer.

Alright, moving on to the homepage

• Hero image: Love that your hero image is static, but it doesn’t say much about your products. Test different images and CTAs to see if you can encourage more engagement. For the text, you need to give it some updating. Don’t use your store name here or an unsupported statement that you’re the #1 store in that market. Think about what would excite your customers to want to click on a CTA to find out more or dive into your products.
  • In general, I like the length of your homepage. It’s not so long that it’s hard to navigate or that you’ll lose people too early on. I would suggest running a heatmap to see where people click and how far they scroll on a page. You’ll be able to see if people use your homepage or use your main navigation to get to your product pages.
  • Do you sell to an international audience? If so, you need a currency localization option. 

Footer

• Newsletter: Don’t leave the newsletter as is. Add some value to entice your visitors to sign up. If they don’t know if they want to buy from you, they won’t know if they want to get your emails. Instead, give them an offer - like a 15% discount - if they sign up. 
  • Social media links: Make sure they open in a new tab
  • Missing links: Be sure to add policy pages for shipping, returns/refunds, Terms of Service, privacy, etc. Also needed is a Contact Us page as well as contact information. If visitors don’t see a way to contact you, they may be hesitant to purchase. Having live chat is great, but it shouldn’t be your only method of communication. 

Main Navigation

• Your navigation is simple, and I like that. Add a “Shop All” option as well. 
  • Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how people are moving across your site. Do you need sub-categories in a drop-down as well? Session recordings will help you see what you can do to make the process easier. 

Collection Page

• You’re doing a lot of things right here. The images are the same dimensions, and your products titles are wonky. Great job!
  • The not-so-great news is that your products are fairly random. For example, in the Clothing collection you have hoodies and beachwear. In the Household Items collection, you have a dry pool and shower set. I would refine your inventory a bit. 
  • Update your filters to be helpful. For example, the only filter you have in the Clothing collection is for “clothes.” That’s not very helpful. While you only have five products now, it will be more useful as you build out your inventory. 

Product Page

For reference, I’m on the Japanese Streetwear Hoodie.

• You need to include shipping information. Linking to your Shipping Policy would be very helpful here, as would linking to your contact us page.
  • The color drop-down should sync with the product images.
  • Speaking of your product images, there are duplicates. A flaming bullet hole on the image (or a flaming hole?) isn’t much of a difference between the images. 
  • Your sizing order is all over the place. It should go from smallest to largest rather than all over the place.
  • Remove the “Ships from” dropdown. Your visitors likely don’t know why to pick one or the other. Depending on the visitor, it may even raise red flags.
  • Where’s your description?! Write a killer description for your products and give people a good idea of 
  • Make sure you have a sizing chart. Especially since you’re talking about Asian sizing which is typically much smaller than Western sizing, you need to be clear about what size visitors should order. 

Checkout

• I like the shipping calculator, but I wish it were earlier in the process rather than in the checkout.
  • Make the Checkout button stand out more. It’s actually smaller than your other checkout methods.
  • My biggest concern while checking out is the cost of shipping. This is a £49.95 product, so it’s pretty expensive. Shipping costs another £18.24. That’s pretty expensive! I would run a poll asking “What almost stopped you from checking out?” for people who added a product to their cart but didn’t checkout within 2 minutes. You need to find out what their hang ups are. 

Wrapping it all up

You’ve done a great job getting started, and now with some visitor behavior, you can tackle whatever is stopping your visitors from turning into customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
469 46 155

Hi @Anthony63

Have seen your store and maybe I have some suggestions to help you improve your conversion rates. 

- This text inside the red border should be changed. You can try "Maybe Later" or "I'll take a later"

ConveyLego0612_0-1602123128575.png

- Add an announcement bar up there. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1602123234505.png

- The text "Online Store" is not suitable. Maybe you need to change to "Featured Collections"

ConveyLego0612_2-1602123306908.png

- Add a CTA button on your banner. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1602123534578.png

- On your product pages, you're lacking some parts.
Here are some:

+ Quantity section

+ Description  

+ Sticky Add to Cart

ConveyLego0612_4-1602123645574.png

- Your homepage is lacking some necessary sections. 

+ Your story. Why you start this business. 

+ Featured Products

+ Gallery to show more product photos. 

You can try to check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you make a beautiful gallery and also make it shoppable. 

- You're lacking some part down there. FAQ, Policy, Contact, Terms of service, etc. Those parts will increase your social proof. 

ConveyLego0612_5-1602124019537.png

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes