I think this site looks like a 9-year old put it together, and you should spend some time/money really sprucing it up with some advanced features. This is far too basic for anyone to take it seriously. Take a look at some of the other sites around Shopify (and this forum) and copy what they've done.
Hello @Ryan105, I hope you're doing good! here is the feedback:
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Hello @Ryan105, I hope you are doing well!
Your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with the header which looks awfully big try having a single row header, the layout of the homepage, and lastly the unorganized products. People tend to on an organized place rather than an unorganized one.
I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places.
Moreover, you can fix your product title for better reach, a title must have the essential information about the product take Amazon’s titles for example.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice day!
i'm shopify theme and App developer. i will create many store design so i will just some guide for design related.
Good luck with your business and don't forget to get the maximum of the upcoming BFCM weekend!
I just had a look at your store. Being students you guys have done a fine job. I can understand that you could have limitations but here are some of the suggestions that may add some value.
1. Your "About Us" description is attractive but it is at the footer, if you can place this little up or this kind of information that who are we or, a small note about your ambitions and what customer value you are offering would make things clearer for the users right at the first impression.
2. The section below has to most impressive because here is your opportunity to captivate your audience right away. Add a strong headline, the differential advantage, and a call to action to make the customer click it.
3. I believe that strong copy can do wonders even if the store presentation is not up to the mark so play with the copy and the interest would be there eventually.
4. Start a blog section and share weekly content that revolves around your target niche. Market that content through your social media platforms.
5. If possible, make a short and crisp marketing video showcasing your offers in a flash. Within 30 to 60 seconds simple video yet with a strong message would do good.
6. Add a live chat widget to your website to greet and welcome the visitors to make them comfortable and feel at home. You can add Facebook Messenger Widget in there.
7. Lastly, integrate an abandoned cart recovery mechanism to your store in order to capture your store visitors' email ids and retarget them through email campaigns. I can recommend you abandoned cart recovery email by Care Cart in order to recapture your lost audience.
I believe that its a long term process, you got to continuously update your content and layout until conversions start to come up. Good luck.
Hi @Ryan105 !
Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.