Feedback on my website

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi all. Looking for feedback oy website. If anyone can check it out, it would be greatly appreciated. 

www.camiluxe.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 49 97

Hi @camiluxe,

Hyde here from Shopify. Welcome to the platform and congratulations!

You've made the big step and set yourself up, which is no small feat. So I'm just going to give my initial impressions in the form of questions, leaving it to you to answer those for yourself:

20-08-hbc58-pic5e

1. Is the logo big enough? Most of your customers will be looking at your site on a mobile, meaning you want your logo to be as clear and legible as possible.

2. You're new to the block, so many visitors to your site don't know whether they should trust you and don't know what your brand is about. So perhaps you could find space in your navigation for your About Us page?

I see you've hidden your About Us in the footer, which many visitors will not reach on their mobiles as they scroll:

20-08-ggaan-ouix8

You've got a great selling point with your product: customizability. So perhaps you could emphasize that? Here's what an About Us page should contain.

A little more about your brand and mission here:

There's a fantastic book called "Zag" by Marty Neumeier, that I cannot recommend highly enough. I'd strongly advise you to read it. In it, he outlines great methods of whittling down your brand's purpose. I'm going to borrow from this book to give you an idea of where you might start:

1. A brand is not your logo, or your website, or your content. It is your reputation with your clients. It is what your customers think of you. It's the passion they associate with you.

Therefore the first idea with a new brand is to reverse engineer this, by trying to determine what it is exactly that you want your customers to think and feel about your brand. The passion for your underlying brand.  So I'd like you to outline a faux "obituary".

Marty uses a pretend new wine bar as an example:

20-07-1yq60-i3llw

2. You now need to whittle this down to a core purpose. This is the fundamental reason your brand will exist beyond making money.

Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy".  The fake wine bar purpose might be: To bring people together through wine education.

That's 7 words. Try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words, and we've got your core passion.

3. What's your vision?

Our example wine bar's vision might be a bar (or bars) that has a hundred wines from around the world, all available by the glass, in a constantly changing menu. They see happy groups of people learning about wine, talking about wine, and swapping stories about food, travel, and cultures they've experienced.

What community do you see your new brand forming? What contribution is it making to the world? Do your wigs empower? Are they a form of creativity? Individuality? Self-expression? Can they be used every day as well as for dress-up events and parties?

4. You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors.

Right now, because of the broadness of your mission statement, it sounds like you're competing with larger marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, which is a losing battle:

So please complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Here are some examples:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

OUR PRETEND WINE BAR

What: The ONLY chain of wine bars
How: That builds community around education
Who: for men and women of drinking age
Where: in cities and progressive towns
Why: who want to learn more about wine
When: in an era of cultural awakening.

You see you can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.

I think this is a great starting point, but there's plenty more that we can then look at to define the branding, the content, the community outreach, and the strategy.

You know your potential customers, the context, and the hook better than anyone else, it's just a question of uncovering it.

3. Use high-quality images for your products. No one likes a blurry image, so consider really investing time into your product photography. We have a DIY guide for that here and we have a free video course for that right here.

I hope this feedback helps as a start! Let me know if you have any other questions though, I'm happy to help.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @camiluxe 

I just reviewed your website. Its amazing! I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store better. 

Speed - To increase visitors and sales you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low, 17%. It should be above 60%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.

b1f5360e-b09c-45b7-9735-974eb46e11b6.png

Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on a website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.

Homepage: I like your homepage design. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can Include trust indicators on the homepage.

FaviconAdd favicon on the website. Favicon is like a miniature logo representing the brand which helps user to remember the website much easier and gives a brand awareness for the company.

Product Page: Product page formatting could be more organized. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information. Also include a buy now button below the add to cart button and organized customer reviews section. 

Put Effort Into Online Reviews & Social Proof: Social media Makes your visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with customers.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes