Feedback on new shopify store please !

3 0 0

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at a dropshipping shopify store. Could you guys give me some feedback and tips ? That would be kindly appreciated :)

Store: https://sunupsfashion.com/

Kind regards

0 Likes

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, contact us, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. Your footer needs some work as it's messy and does not look professional right now

5. Why should people buy from you? That is a question to ask as everyone sells watches, bracelets and other cheap to buy items off Aliexpress

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Remove any text or watermarks off product image to clean them up

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you very much for all those tips :D

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
472 46 237

Hi Chillinpogo,

General
  • Your store doesn't have a favicon. A favicon is a small image that appears on the browser tabs. It helps strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website. Here's how you can add a favicon to your store.
  • I recommend to add contact us page. It helps to improve trust.
  • I recommend to add an about us page. You can create one. It helps to improve relations with you and customers.
Homepage
  • I suggest adding your social media pages on the footer menu. Your store doesn't have any social media icons right now.
  • You have a newsletter box which is great. But I would recommend adding a discount code to entice your visitor to give an email address.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here and "like" below.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey,

Ok thanks i will do all that. Another question, i made a widget for a donation purpose but it's way too big... How can I make this smaller ?

Kind regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
769 75 150

Hey there, @Chillinpogo 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

@DuaneBrown has made some great points, I would like to expand on them a little. 

The first thing that I looked at here were your product titles descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot this right away and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim) 
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs) 
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at Ali Reviews, this app will import the reviews for these products from AliExpress so your store looks more peer-reviewed.

I took a look at your blog and I would need to recommend that you have it proofread before publishing. It may be worth your while using a grammar program such as Grammerly so you will not miss out on small grammatical errors such as missed capitalization. It is great to see that you are writing a blog as it really does help with the SEO of your site and has great content marketing benefits. SEO can play a huge part in bringing in sales and potential customers. The key to SEO is understanding what your customers will be looking for and ensuring your site is set up to best manage the products and content they are seeking. They say 80% of SEO is content. Want to learn all about content marketing? You can take this free course from Hubspot and become certified! 

It is great that you have your Facebook listed on your profile, however, I would recommend that you make sure the Shop tab is activated on your Facebook page. As the Shop section isn't appearing on your Facebook page, you will need to make sure that there are no errors on the Facebook Account page in Shopify, your Facebook page is published, and your Facebook page is using the Shopping template. You might need to enable the Shop section on Facebook.

You will need to add those policies to your footer as @DuaneBrown has mentioned. You can read up on generating these policies right here. 

The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

Please do take a look at our guide on writing a compelling About Us page here. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

@fnLabs In order to create contact us page,if we want to create professional email  like to buy domain for professional email address, for example yourname@yourdomain.com how we will do it?.Thankyou

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

Hi @Chillinpogo 

In addition to what others have suggested, give the authentic feel to the buyers by importing product reviews if you use from AliExpress. Since yours is a new store so actual reviews will take some time to come. 

We do Dropshipping from AliExpress and this app called AppMagica: AliExpress Review helps us with importing authentic reviews from AliExpress and makes our new store look filled with buyers :).

Cheers!

0 Likes