Launched the site a couple of days ago and I wanted to get some feedback before paying for ads. Since launch there have only been 53 sessions with a conversion rate of 7.55% (not sure if this includes my sessions as well but I can tell you that the majority of these are from friends haha).
I would really really love some honest and useful advice on the layout, copy, ease of use, checkout pages, products, navigation and anything else you think that might need improvement.
Thank you in advance!
It looks magical! I love your product photos, but is there a reason for an entire site sale? I don't know why, but when I see that on websites it feels kind of spammy?
Maybe it would be better to just give your customers an automatic discount at the checkout? Or just rephrasing it as a summer sale or something, cos it makes the products look like they're on clearance
(and imo, your products look quality and handmade & the every item sale doesn't really match the high quality vibe)
I saw your website.
Here are some things that you should add to your website for more improvement.
See your website looks good, well managed and seems it's taken lots of work to make it.
You should improve the quality of the content written on your website. Although your products are very good the description is written for them are not to the point, not effective and also seems low with SEO techniques.
As you have likely to know that a good product description can increase customer trust by 173%.
For this, I suggest you use to Descrii app. It's an auto description generator app .The description generated by descrii is to the point, very effective and even high with SEO keywords .That will automatically increase website traffic and sales.
Hope my information will help you.
Thanks for the honest input @annabelladesign! It's my first ever site and I thought offering the sale would encourage customers to purchase. Didn't even think it would come across as spammy but that's a great point. I'll keep that in mind and make some adjustments. Thanks again and best of luck to you
HI @Sunchaser !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a favicon
2. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
3. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
4. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
5. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
6. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
7. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
8. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
9. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
10. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
11. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.