Feedback on new store. Any tips/tricks will be much appreciated!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello ecomm enthusiasts, hope these unprecedented times are doing you well and you are breaking new grounds with the e-commerce industry booming right now! 

My business partner and I just launched our first Shopify store: Xoom Projectors, using our own logo and a supplier from China. Here is the link to our website, let us know if you have any feedback on how we can improve it:

www.xoomprojectors.com

We are at the point where we need to market our brand, which we currently find is the most difficult part of the process thus far. After doing some research, we are now looking at 2 different strategies to start promoting our brand through Facebook Ads: running conversion ads right away and extensively, or running engagement ads first for social proof and then running conversion ads on these posts. 

Since we are still new in this field, we thought that sharing our story and receiving feedback from this community would give us a clearer idea on what our next steps should be. 

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Feel free to point out any small details you see to help us improve our website, or what our next strategies/steps should be. We truly appreciate the help. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
507 54 102

Hi @xoomprojectors,

Hyde here from Shopify.

You've done a great job on your store, congratulations! I do have some branding suggestions that I think might help, which I'll outline below:

To build a brand you should think carefully about who your target customer or customers are. I'd assume that you'd be catering to a mix of domestic and commercial customers, for example. There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

Think about what magazines they read, what social media they hang out on, and who influences their decisions. Are they high or low tech?

Now consider too that you're selling the one specific product so you really need to build up the store around it. The mission, the purpose, the impact you want to have on the world.

Check out some great examples of About pages here

- About Life is Good 

Life is Good show the backstory behind their brand, their history and lets their customers know who they are!
They also show their mission statement to be uplifting and positive whilst encouraging their customers to engage with them on social media using the hashtag thisisoptimism.

- About Johnny Cupcakes

Johnny Cupcakes shows the roots of his brand and what drove him to create it. This personal story about seeing his parents struggle inspiring him to be an entrepreneur and his own struggle with learning difficulties speaks to his audience.

Most significantly of all, perhaps, is that you need to establish yourself as an authority in your area. What situations will people need a projector for? What would the best set-ups be? What are some examples of creative uses of projectors?

Take case studies, interviews, and so on, and create content. Content that informs, that entertains, and that leads people to your site. There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here.

If you want to dive deeper into Meta and SEO in general there are two great guides here -

- Charles Floate - Ecommerce SEO Guide
- Matthew Woodward - Ultimate Ecommerce SEO Guide

And here are some businesses leveraging blogs successfully to promote their brand.

- Afends Magazine 
- Clif Bars

*Afends offers some insight into the behind-the-scenes at the brand and also interviews with people who would interest its target customer.*

*Clif offers tips on nutrition and fitness which as a healthy snack is going to be relevant to its target customer.*

Here’s a guide to setting up your store's blog. You can use your content to help build your social media perhaps by using

- quotes from interviews on Twitter.
- graphics with product combos from your product guide on Pinterest.
- video interviews on Instagram or youtube.
- having your interviewee share the interview on their social profiles

To sum it up;

- Build a Brand Identity
- Use it to Build Content
- Promote that Content
- Use it to Attract New Customers and Re-Engage Existing ones.

You should also keep an eye on some of these great blogs and podcasts to keep up with new trends in e-commerce

- Ezra Firestone
- Shopify Blog
- Unofficial Shopify Podcast

And finally here are 50 awesome apps that can take on various tasks for you and free up some of your time to build your brand!

- WeMakeWebsites - 50 Best Shopify Apps

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1902 37 231

Hello,

I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> Use all galery image sizes are in equal.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can add trust badges on your cart page. It checks to visitors that a site is genuine. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
-> Have you created your website social media pages? I am unable to find your website social media pages. You create and add it into your website. And increase your followers through social media pages.
I suggest you can use Facebook Marketing and Instagram marketing.
In Facebook Marketing
-> Optimize Your Profile Picture and Cover Photo of your company logo with high resolustion.
-> Fill Out Your Facebook Bio.
-> Set a Consistent Posting Schedule.
-> Schedule Your Posts at the Optimum Time.
-> Use Video To Attract Your Audience and Target The Right Audience Using Facebook's In-App Targeting Features.
Instagram Marketing
-> Instagram business profiles allow your team to optimize your profile, add contact information and your website into the bio section making it much easier for your audience to interact and connect with you.
-> Keep your Instagram profile uniform by keeping your photos within one color scheme. And Use #tags, Hashtags are a big part of Instagram's posts because it allows photos and video content to become searchable on the channel.
-> And i suggest you can use Instagram Stories To Stand Out In The App.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 1

I hope your business is going well during this difficult Times I check the your store website it is amazing.

Do you know, Shoppers read reviews. About 95% of them, in fact.

And 57% of consumers will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars. So you can use this. 

Do you know about the Descrii, Description Generator application. Descrii is quick enough to Understand your product and save your time from hectic process of generating product description manually.

Hope you will use it for better conversions

https://bit.ly/descrii-premium

0 Likes