Looking for feedback on my new shop.

www.loveUcoffee.com  

thanks

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hey there, @loveUcoffee!  

Congrats on your new store! You’ve poured a lot of work into it, and it shows. 

First, a question that you may or may not be able to answer: Who is your target audience, and what are they wanting to buy from you?

The reason this is important is because your focus on your store is skewed, especially on the homepage. I expected more emphasis to be put on the coffee side of it. Offering coffee that’s roasted to order is really neat and a selling point, but most of your page is dedicated to merchandise. 

When I first saw your store, I expected there to be more about coffee as I scrolled - like a guide to different roasts or ways to make it. 

It would be good to step back and look at where your conversions are coming from, how you’re driving customers to your site and how they are engaging with your brand. Do heatmaps, which show you where people click, indicate that they are ignoring coffee and going straight to the merch? Or are they ignoring the merch? 

Homepage

• Link your announcement bar. 
  • I would limit your hero image to one rather than two. These carousels normally don’t have the response rate you think they would
  • Instead of going directly into the products, I would stop at the featured collections. It does the job of promoting your merchandise without taking away from your beans. 
  • Use a scroll heatmap, which shows you how far down the page someone scrolls, to see where your visitors are reaching. This will help you further evaluate the length of your page and learn how they are using your site.

Footer 

• You’re missing a lot of important pages, like shipping, refunds & returns, privacy policy and terms. 
  • Contact us: I would also add a short introduction message that includes your phone number and email address (be sure to link it!). 
  • Newsletter: Give people a reason to sign up. If someone doesn’t know your brand, they won’t care about special  offers, giveaways or once-in-a-lifetime deals. Offer a deal (i.e., 25% off your order) and build a community of coffee lovers.

Navigation

• I like the simplicity of your navigation. I would use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking, which will further help you evaluate what your visitors want and how they navigate through your store. A session recording, which acts like a DVR for your website to capture each visitor’s experience, would also give helpful insight into your visitor’s experience.
  • Again, I would do more with your roasting side. Offer pages with roasting 101, brewing tips, FAQs, etc. Think of what you can do to make it easier for your visitors. 

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m looking at your Coffees. 

• Again, I think it’s great that you’ve found a niche for on-demand roasting.
  • The options are overwhelming, and unless someone’s a hard-core coffee lover, most people wouldn’t know what the difference would be between a Mexico or Tanzania bean. 
  • I would add in filters to help them find the flavor they would enjoy, such as roast, tasting profile, etc. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m looking at the Mexico bean.

• You have to include something about shipping here. If someone wants to order from you, they have to know if shipping is possible to their country and what costs they can expect. 
  • Add more of a description here. If someone who is new to coffee visits your site, they wouldn’t know what this bean means to them. An FAQ would be helpful (i.e., why is altitude important? What is the variety?). A nice  description would be helpful here as well. 
  • Don’t forget about reviews! You want customers to leave what they thought of the roast and help others determine if that’s a good fit for them. 

Communication: You need to have a chat option. Because your products could be confusing, having a way for customers to get real-time answers is very helpful.  While the contact form is great, you need to go one step further and offer live chat.

I really like the way your store is headed! You’ve made a lot of progress, and you’re doing great. Visitor behavior will help you find ways to drive more conversions and make those customers happy! Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes