We've been running Cutting Edge Knives since 2011 so it's a long established store and we've got good sales levels already but we're looking to move up a level over the rest of this year and just looking for some extra feedback from fresh eyes because we're selling a high value product that people don't typically buy on impulse.
For history, we've recently switched to Shopify from a custom Umbraco website and still getting used to just how many apps (and $$$) you need to use to get some common functionality on Shopify so some things still feel a little clunky but overall, the site is about where we'd like it visually but always keen to hear what others think.
Look forward to hearing any suggestions for improvement
I just had a look at your store and I'd say you have a nice and very organized website! The review that's on the very top of the page by Trustpilot makes it more credible and impressive! Just some minor suggestions to improve the site:
1. The hero image - the big image at the top of your homepage - is very impressive, but it can be even more impressive if it's moving. You can consider putting a video/slideshow because right now the homepage as I observe only has stand-still images.
2. I think you can consider putting the How to choose the right Japanese knives somewhere below the collections in the homepage. The post provides very fundamental and important knowledge. I believe your store has a niche market that people who buy knives may need some knowledge before buying. Maybe the visitors are beginners to the market; if they find this guide easily on the homepage, not only will they stay on your site longer to educate themselves, but they will also have more trust in your store as you use your expertise to guide them to the right choice. I know it's under the Help navigation bar on top, but the Knives and Accessories dropdown bars has a lot of content to explore. The guide would more likely to be found if they are surfaced in the homepage.
3. On pages with a lot of text, like the one in the image below, you may want to incorporate more colors to attract visitors to the links you want them to click on. For example, for the text "You can read some of our TrustPilot customer reviews here", you can Underline, Bold and Blue, but only the keyword "here" should be enough in my opinion. The same goes to "everything we sell...quality we love"; you can Underline, Bold and Blue the word "quality". If you want to dig deeper and understand where inside your customers linger around/click on the most, you can use the tool Hotjar on Shopify Appstore. There will be a heat map where you can see what attracts your customers most, and optimize accordingly.
4. Start looking at social media to improve your brand awareness and link them back to your store. I think you have a wide range of products and really good photos of them. They are very good materials for social media.
Those are the feedbacks I have so far. Overall it's a great store, but still has room for improvement.
Have a great day and good luck on leveling up!
Hello @welcomebrand ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hi @welcomebrand ,
I had gone through the pages and website is looking really good!
Here are some suggestions that you can consider :
1. Add Social Media pages links
2. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.
3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app.
Turning More Shoppers Into Customers
Hi Ally & James
Love the site and design overall. There are some tweaks that I think would make the site even better.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know
Hi @welcomebrand !
You have done a great job working on your store. Everything looks very well organized and neat. Your images are high-quality, and I like that you keep the same style as them. However, I recommend working on the user experience and functionality of the store. You should tell the story of your products.
You have so many products, so in order not to make your customers being confused, add Wishlist feature. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.