Feedback on our shop!

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Shopify Community!

I'm relatively new to Shopify and just helped launch a brand that make sunglasses! We launched 3 weeks ago and we get a lot of unique visitors on our site, in general the traffic is quite good. However, we're having a hard time converting customers. We can see a big interest from social media but as soon as they visit our site we quickly loose them.

I was wondering if any experienced person, could take a look at our site and maybe tell me what we're doing wrong or could improve - it would mean the world to me since I'm working alone on it atm

Our site: 

In advance thanks!! https://www.responseability-owp.com/

- Michelle, Responseability

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey there @Responseability ! I must say, you have a pretty impressive store out there! Here are some points I'd like to highlight - 

1. Your logo is kind of invisible because of the background image! Why not merge the logo with your header menu? It looks clean that way! Then, you need to have favicon! 

cats (1).jpg

2. You need to have a home option in your header menu. This way users will be able to navigate back to your homepage! 

3. Are you selling on other marketplaces? You surely can integrate to other places to have better visibility! Rest, your store looks perfectly fine and user friendly! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce guys with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customisation ; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy! We have helped quite a few entrepreneurs in their journey, and if you need a helping hand, we would be glad to offer one! 

Ps. I'm just a message away! 

Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1553 93 217

Dear Michelle,

Congratulations for your store!!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Add favicon
  • Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 26-35  . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile. 
  • Use Search and Cart Icon
  • Remove "Powered by Shopify" Text
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage - They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve. Example of Ideal Product Page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Index all products at Google
  • Do some Basic On Page SEO
Best Regards
MS Web Designer
Contact: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
1000+ Happy Clients
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1893 37 224

Hello,

I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can add trust badges on your cart page. It checks to visitors that a site is genuine. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
-> You can add your website Facebook page link under footer section of Facebook icon.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@Mihir_Gupta_Thank you! It makes sense with the header

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@MS-WEB-DESIGNER Thank you so much! All of this is very helpful and will definitely look into all of it. 

Would you recommend testimonials if we only have 3 so far? Or should I wait till we hopeful have a bit more?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @appfreaker_com 

Thanks for all of your points! They are all very helpful. I will try to improve it all 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1893 37 224

It was the least I could do:)

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Responseability ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • Add a live chat so that if a customer has any questions they can easily contact you.
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
135 16 46

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your site experience is actually pretty good, consistent. I have a few observations:

1. Your website performance is not doing well, especially on mobile. Most users might be coming through mobile and a slow loading website can turn users off. Take a look at the performance: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.responseability-owp.co...
  2. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. It’s not very added on your website.
  3. Your story is pretty great! You should use and promote this page: https://www.responseability-owp.com/pages/what-is-ocean-waste-plastic on the home page. 
  4. Lastly, testimonials and reviews are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

What kind of targeting are you using on social media? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.

It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck, since you mentioned that the bounces are also very quick. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
1 Like