Feedback on our store please

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello All

I have spent the last few weeks designing, tweaking and adding products to our new zero waste and environment friendly products online store, We still need to change some product descriptions and the content on a few other pages, Also once that is done I will be doing the SEO on all the pages.

We once had another website business that did pretty well, but the software was open source and a mare to work with, this time around I found Shopify so much easier to work with and change things around.

The feedback we would love to hear about is the overall design, how you find it moving around and the general feel of the whole website and any recommendations on what do charge or add to make it a better experience for our hopefully future customers.

www.zerozen.co.uk 

Password Quinn2013

Hopefully we will be opening after this weekend, after adding more products and making any changes.

Many Thanks in advance..

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 62 129

Hey, @Zerohero 

I got to say, your website looks beautiful! You are off to a terrific start. It's very clean, professional, and easy to navigate. All in all, I don't see any major issues that stick out that I think could be improved upon. With that said, there are a couple of things that came to mind that may help!

The first thing I noticed are your product reviews, I would suggest importing reviews from the supplier if these are drop-shipped products. A lack of reviews adds a sense that this product hasn't been purchased before. Which doesn't translate to confidence in the buyer deciding to go with one of your products. Acquiring reviews as soon as possible would be a great task to focus on.

I'd also recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'Products' menu item. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot! 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted

Hey @Zerohero,

Glad to hear you plan to work on your SEO. Getting your SEO done properly is soo important! We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. If you need help in that department, we’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

I think you've done a great job with the website. The design is very clean and professional looking. Your collections are well sorted, I found it easy to navigate your store. You product is niche, I think you have great potential!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you both with your advise and your kind comments about the website..

Totally agree that I need reviews, we don't use drop shippers  but will take some reviews from our suppliers. Again agree that the about us, blog and so on should be in the footer, will look into the mega menu..

Will also watch the SEO video.

Thank you again for your advise...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 39 141

Hey there, @Zerohero!  

Let’s just dive right in. 

First impression: Your store looks clean, but the rotating hero images hurt more than they help. You have so many products, and it becomes almost a distraction. When I first came to your site, I thought you only sold bamboo products. 

Overall design:

• Your utility bar is really hard to read. The sage green works well with your brand colors, but the white font makes it impossible to read. The message feels outdated. Unless you’re seeing a large number of orders over the phone, I would remove the message and add the phone number to your footer.
  • We already talked about the hero image, but be mindful of the font color. There were some hero images that were very hard to read as a result of the color choice. I found this throughout the website as well, such as on the collection headers.
    LuckyDanny_0-1603314077040.png
  • For your homepage, it’s easy to get lost in it. It’s pretty cluttered. The animation on both ends of the page hide the great testimonials you have. If you want to wait until launch, I would suggest using heatmaps to see where people are clicking and scrolling. Adding in a collection list would be helpful here. 
  • Your footer is unbalanced. I would leave your “About Our Company” to the About Us page and instead feature your contact information like phone number and email address. I would also remove the Categories column. Since you have a static navigation bar that shows throughout the page, you don’t need it on both ends.
  • Be mindful of your Contact  page. I like the layout a lot. It’s a nice break from what most merchants use. Make sure you include your full address instead of just the street and house number. For the hours, detail what PMT is; your international visitors will have no idea. For your social media links, make sure they open in a new tab. 

Navigation:

• I see you’ve made some changes to your navigation! I like that you’ve expanded your collections. 
  • After your launch, I would suggest watching some session recordings, which capture every visit to your website, to see how people are really moving across your site. How many clicks does it take to reach a product page? What information are they seeking? It has definitely improved with your update! 

General feel:

• Your overall feel is really clean and refreshing. It matches your branding well! 
  • There are details that make it hard to read, like the white font on the light green or the black font on the dark, busy hero image of bamboo spoons.
  • The more you learn more about your visitors, the more you’re going to understand how people are engaging with your site and why they aren’t buying. Right now you don't have much to go on, but post-launch will be a different story. 
  • Live chat would be an asset here as well. It would let you answer customer questions while they are still on your website.

You need to feel really proud of your store. It’s headed in the right direction. Visitor behavior is going to help get you there, especially as you launch. You'll be able to spot issues in real-time. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
399 42 134

Hi @Zerohero

Have seen your store and it looks great. Clean and fresh. I love it. 

However, I still have some suggestions for you:

- It would be great if you can increase the size of the texts because I see it's quite small. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1603335882629.png

- At the first banner, I think you need to move the title to the right a little bit. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1603335994083.png

- At your second banner, the texts are quite hard to see. You can consider changing the color. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1603336350438.png

- Add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1603336434445.png

- Maybe you can consider having more space between sections. 

ConveyLego0612_4-1603336538231.png

- On your product pages, there are two that you will need to add:

+ The Buy button 

+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar

+ Upsell and Cross-sell methods because you're selling many types of products. 

Product bundles, Frequently Bought Together, or Related Products. There are some of the methods you can consider. 

- You can consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good option to chat with your customers.  

App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that with ease. Also, it's totally free. 

- I don't see any of your social accounts. Do you plan to have in the future? I think they're necessary. 

Instagram and Facebook are also good sales channels

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1467 74 248

Hello @Zerohero, I hope you are doing good. The look and feel of your store is good! Here are some suggestions that will help you to enhance better customer experience on your store:-

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List  
  • New arrivals, Bestsellers
  • Testimonials
  •  Newsletter sign up box
  • Instagram Feed

- Some add-ons you must do to enhance customer engagement in your store & will help you to convert the traffic into the paying customers are:-

• Set up a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase. Add referral program and strat referral marketing to increase brand presence and sales.
  • Set up announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.
  • Set up web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Set up an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.
  • Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, or browse abandoned customers.

To implement these customer engagement tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation