Feedback on our store

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi can someone please give us some feedback on our store. We have made many changes and still no sales. We get traffic and people view products and some even add to cart but no purchases have been made. Here is our site link https://melanin-girls.com/
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
157 3 25

Hi ,

A few quick details that immediately popped out at me:

• Add a favicon: use an easy to recognize favicon that clearly displays your brand. Here is an easy to follow guide to help you "Shopify "How To" 
  • Add a call to action button on your homepage: think "Shop Now" or similar concept to guide your clients where conversion magic happens
  • Unclear homepage: clearly display what  your customers want to see most first. If customers have to scroll to find something, they are more likely to leave your site. Move your "about us" section currently on your home page to it's own page
  • Following up on the previous comment, add an "About Us" page to clearly describe your brand
  • Add a delayed promotion pop up for deals & discounts: time it so your clients can see what your site is selling before the pop up occurs
  • Clearly display your contact information at the footer of your page (in addition to a link to your contact us page): include your (e)mail, phone number, and/ or address (at least 2)
  • Add additional contact details to your contact us page (see above) - if your clients cannot contact you or have limited options, that can create trust issues
  • Your refund policy doesn't match your site: do you carry all of the following? "Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned."
  • 3-5 pictures of each product is optimal variants require additional photos
  • Also, pictures should show items being used by actual people and from multiple angles. Remember, make sure all variants have pictures that clearly display differences as well.
  • Your featured collection does not fit your brand: this will increase the chance that your customers will see you as an unreliable source. Consider sticking to a niche market, which are generally more successful than stores that carry a large range of products
  • When I click to buy a product, there is a delay on the express checkout buttons appearing. Any delay or additional step increases the likelihood that your customers will leave your site.
  • Your facebook and instagram pages should be better linked to your site. Try showing reviews or customer photos to encourage social proof

Beyond all those details, there's a good chance that your site isn't optimized for many of the behind the scenes SEO details. You really should consider trying out a Free store analyzer tool to double check your work. It'll notify you of the errors existing behind the scenes and SEO tweaks that would further improve your conversion rates.

Last bit, if you are advertising, you should post and/ or read a bit on the Shopify Ecommerce Marketing forum.  It could improve your site by helping you turn your daily visitors into traffic that converts. With that in mind, I strongly suggest looking for an AI automated advertising App from the Shopify App store like this one. As more shops use similar services to target clients and outbid the competition, it will become increasingly important.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me. Annnnnnd, if I've been of help, please click "Like" below.

Best of luck with your site!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
313 18 37

Hey @Melanin2019 

You should change the flow of the homepage. Add slider images with a Call to Action in it in above the fold of the homepage. It increases the chances of getting sales. Display the collection list and then give some product recommendations and at last, display testimonials.

To reduce the abandoned cart rate. You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

Start giving loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, allowing for web push, leaving a review, making a purchase and many more. It will help you to entice your customers and turn the visitors into prospective and paying customers. Loyalty program help in retaining customers by building trust for the long term. It becomes a WOW factor for customers and gives a reason to make a purchase from your store.

Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 3

Hello ,

Congratulations on your store update!

Don’t worry about not getting a lot of sales right now, you are not the first nor the last to be struggling with this scenario, 80% of the visitors don't place an order on their first visit.

Your store seems a little messy and it’s hard to know which products you are selling since there are a lot of them.

I would recommend you to use the same picture size for the products in that way it would look more organize and catchy to the eyes. Also maybe if you use a lighter color for the background it can help as well.

I found this article and it might help you to get inspired https://www.shopify.com/blog/product-page. After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews.

If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Something that helps with cart abandonment is retargeting campaigns since it engages with your potential customers. Retargeting campaigns allow you to remind them after they left the website and offer the product information they’ve been viewed with different kinds of creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion.

There are some retargeting apps on Shopify app store as well. If you’re not familiar with that, you can search “retargeting” and try it out - https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=retargeting.

Hope it helps you out!

0 Likes