Feedback on our store

imz3r0c00l
Tourist
10 0 4

If you have a few moments, would you provide feedback on our store?

We are making some improvements soon on the speed. Seems it's a bit slow and likely due to the images which need some optimizations. 

Our site: https://reconjacks.com 

Looking for good criticism so that we can make improvements:

Usability, speed, content, is it boring etc. We have thick skin and so it's ok to give us good direct feedback. We will return the favor if you like.

Regards,

Patrick

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi Patrick! 

There’s a lot to like about your site. 

• The pictures are high quality
  • I know immediately what you’re selling
  • I can easily find different products

That being said, I still think you have room for improvement. 

The homepage
I like your hero image and that it has a CTA. I also like that you have linked collections right under the hero image.

That being said, I would be curious what your customers are doing. Are they using your homepage to get to the product collections or are they going to your menu?

Heatmaps (to see where people click) would really help you find out. I feel like your website is fairly long, but your customers may like that. Using heatmaps, you could see where they scroll and how they click.

You could find out:

• Where they stop scrolling
  • Where they don’t click
  • Where they don’t click
  • If different sources (i.e., Facebook Ads vs. organic traffic) have different behaviors 
  • Do they click on your menu or your banners?

For your footer, I would just go through all of your pages with a fine-toothed comb. I found several places (i.e., your Contact Us and Shipping Policy pages) that had email addresses that weren’t linked. It’s not going to make or break a sale, but it’s a detail you want to fix. 

Product Pages
Right off the bat, I would update the description for the 100% soft cotton from “Fibre content may vary for different colors” to “Fiber content may vary for different colors.” Fiber is the American English spelling whereas fibre is the British English spelling.

For photography, I would include it on a model and mention the model specs in the description. It helps add some dimension and size relation to the shirt. 

For your sizing chart:

• It doesn’t show well on mobile at all. Session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, would help you see what different people are showing.
  • For the measurements themselves, just round to the nearest whole or half number. Instead of 22.01, round to 22. Instead of 25.99, round to 26. Instead of 9.45, round to 9.5. 
  • Considering changing your measurements from the shirt size to the body size. If I’m looking at this shirt, 22 inches for a large doesn’t mean much for me. Showing 44-46 inches instead would help me understand it more. 

Don’t forget about reviews! Add in a review request in your purchase confirmation and then with any follow-up emails. 

Engaging customers
I don’t see a live chat on your site and urge you to use one. It lets people get answers to their questions while they are still on your site. If I were a visitor looking at a shirt, I would be able to ask the question, “Can you help me pick a size?” or “Are you running any sales?”

You can set up auto invites to ask people to chat if they meet certain criteria, such as didn’t check out for 2 minutes after adding a product to the cart. 

Also, don’t forget about polls. Asking “What almost stopped you from checking out today?” or “Which products are we missing from our inventory?” can help you engage with customers and gain valuable feedback.

If there’s one thing, your site isn’t boring! Visitor behavior will help you take it to the next level by evaluating your homepage, product page, navigation and more. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

Good luck, Patrick! I can’t wait to see your store grow and sales pour in.

Cheers -
Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @imz3r0c00l 

Your store looks very informative and dynamic, it is no way boring or overwhelming. The products seem to be of high quality. 

It looks like the mobile version speed is the issue. I recommend seeing the analytics of how many people use mobile phones to enter your site, and if the ratio is big, make sure to get rid of unused codes and compressing the images that you are using. If you have some hard-coded apps, ask the developers to optimize their codes. 

As for functionality, your site is not lacking anything. So I only have a couple of things you can do if you want to take your business to the next level. 

1) Run a referral campaign. The items on your site is something that everyone will potentially like, so by giving your customers an opportunity to share items from your store and get discounts for that will work great for driving more relevant traffic and also to build a loyal customer base. 

2) The review widget on your site is currently not working. Enable it on product pages to get more testimonials. 

3) Launch a Reward program. You can reward your members for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here

Dear Patrick,

Congratulation for your store.

We’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

1. Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features.  Example of Good Header

2. Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales.

3. Collection page should have a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.  Example of Good Collection Page 

4. A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.  Example of Nice Home page

5. Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button etc, at product page. Example of Ideal Product Page

6. Header and Footer Area need to Improve. Currently Footer is very big, need to reduce the size.

7. Add Faqs page.

8. Need to do some on page seo.

9. Use Silo structure in menu.

10. Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc

11. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

12.  You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional

13. Index all your product at Google.

If you need any help please contact here: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Patrick! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Your store looks absolutely awesome - I love your logo and user-friendly navigation. The above the fold is also well optimized. 

I recommend optimizing the Add to Cart button with a more prominent color, so it stands out more on the product page:

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 07.55.45.png

It kind of disappears on the page right now, and feels like it's insignificant. This button should be the focus on the page, so make sure to optimize the product page better. It will help you improve your conversion rate further.

Need a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Here are a few guides that might help:

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

Hello @imz3r0c00l,

Congratulations on your new store! I've taken a look at your store and it's already looking awesome. I've some suggestions for improvement and to increase the conversion rate.

1. You are listing a lot of products in the Home page which is unnecessary. You can just add some sections like Featured Collection, New Arrivals and list a few there. No need to include different category products on the Home page.

2. On clicking main categories like MENS, WOMENS, etc and also on clicking the links in the footer MAIN MENU section, it's redirecting to the Home page instead of redirecting to the category page. 

3. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

4. Add product reviews in all product pages as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. The height of the footer is looking more. You can add the newsletter to the same line of ORDERING HELP, MAIN MENU and move the social media links to the last or so to reduce the height of the footer.

6. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.

7. A FAQ would be useful!

8. Use the same font for the whole website. 

9. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

10. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

11. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

12. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 111 results indexed by Google. But your website has 554+ pages. Everyone knows search is the most effective way to acquire customers and drive traffic. Natural search draws way more traffic than Social media. To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. Doing SEO once is virtually useless.

To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
imz3r0c00l
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi LuckyDanny,

Thank you so much for the very detailed review. I was not expecting this level of information :). 

I'll take all your suggestions and work them into my schedule to make updates. It's interesting to have others have a look. I've missed and probably became used to the issues.

Once again, thank you. Y'all rock.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Likes
imz3r0c00l
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi Aizada,

Thank you for your time looking at our store. I like the ideas for referral campaigns and reward programs. I'll add that to our list for sure. We just enabled the customer product reviews today. Thank you for picking up on that. 

We'll have a look at your app as well. 

Again thank you for your review. Awesome stuff :)

Regards,

Patrick

0 Likes