Feedback on product page - men's candles

Tourist
9 0 2

Hi folks,

I've been tinkering with the product page for a month or so now and would love some honest feedback. I sell premium candles aimed at a male audience.

https://fyrianbrand.com/collections/the-collection/products/singlemalt

One of the challenges in selling candles online is the inability for the consumer to smell the scent first-hand, which means they rely on your description. Aside from an overall POV on the product page, I'd appreciate your feedback on the images and scent description.

Many thanks,
Dan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1246 71 152

Dear Daniel161,

Congratulations for your store.

Hope Few suggestions will help you:

1. Optimize store loading speed for mobile

2. Use Google Shopping ads for sales

3. Do some seo and content marketing

4. Do e-mail marketing

5. Do Dynamic Product remarketing by using Facebook ads

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Setup Shopify Store @ 129 USD
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Dan

Great to see you back on the forums. Hope the store is going well since we last chatted. Your page loads fast and is not an SEO issue. Not sure why someone else mentioned that canned response about doing all these marketing initiatives. Instead, you should use Lucky Orange or HotJar (or a similar tool) to heat map and video record your product pages. You can see what people are looking at and how they are interactive with your page.

The best thing you can do at this point is understand the different traffic sources coming to your store and figure out why they are not buying (if that is your issue). Just making more changes to your product page or doing tons more marketing across different channels is a waste of time and money for the size of your business. I would not do Google Shopping as your margins are thin and the candle space is super competitive on Google shopping. I have a few friends who work on candle brands and they talk about how hard it is to make Google shopping profitable for their client.

I would look at focusing on Facebook & Instagram ads as you can get the glandular targeting you need to tweak your traffic and watch what they do when on your site (using HotJar or Lucky Orange). You could even just target Sydney and Melbourne if you feel your target male is urban and a city guy. Then test different interests targeting on Facebook & Instagram and see how they work for you. We do a lot of this interest targeting for DTC clients we work on and it's a great way to test your interest targeting, and your creative (image and ad copy) at the same time. Once you find something that works, you can scale it up on Facebook and Instagram. Unless you have tons of traffic for remarketing, using Facebook Dynamic Ads don't make sense out of the gate.

Let me know if you have any questions about something I said about. This may be more work then you thought but it works well for our clients in Oz, USA and UK. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

--

Duane

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hi Dan, first time I see your store and it looks classy and stylish. Congrats, the photography job is excellent.

If I were to suggest marketing I say Facebook is your best friend followed by Instagram. Definitely not Google text ads or G-Shopping. If anything, display Ads at most. Some women struggle finding presents for men, display ads on gifts for him lists sites are ideal candidates. Single men sites and eZines are also an option you can consider.

From my viewpoint I find a big difference between single malt scotch whisky and single malt whisky, one has class and is expensive, the other one I don’t know if such thing exists. My 2 cents there.

Reducing the size of your Navbar can also help, although this is a minor change moving some links to your footer helps focus on the key differences of your eStore. 

Regarding the experience, you can use important screen real estate highlighting your product benefits. I know you are proud of - Fyrian Candle Collection, however this is used on a  premium location of your store banner, and it does not  Really convey the product benefits message. Personally I did not get a lot from it.

Perhaps replace that with a message that speaks to both men and women, something along the lines of - Scented candles with aromas uniquely crafted for men. Leather and Scotch Whisky. The perfect detail to distinguish a man’s cave.

Sorry I’m not a copywriter, I just want to convey the idea that this clearly speaks to me or any women right then and there. No guessing, no scrolling to find out what the products are about.

I hope this helps.

Joe 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Dan 

Website looks awesome. I would change the review stars to similar color that Amazon has. This will really pop on the page. It's great you have reviews and you want them to stand out. 

Are you located in Camden ? I'm sure I've seen your brand before ? Could be wrong. 

Also when I opened my first Shopify store I used eBay to get lots of traffic to my website. Here is a article I wrote about it. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify/ebay-to-shopify-sales

There is also a lot of Organic Marketing strategies you could use. Reach out if you want some more information. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Great feedback, thanks Joe. I've taken on board your advice and adjusted the main home page message from 'Fyrian Candle Collection' to 'Distinguished Candles & Fragrances', which I think suggests the upper market nature of the brand.

Thanks again,
Dan.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

G'day Clayton,

Great feedback, thank you.

Good idea re the stars - I've changed these over and you are right, they certainly stand out more now.

Would you suggest eBay over Amazon? I don't yet have my storefront set up on eBay, but I have just opened it up on Amazon.

Re Amazon, I am finding it a bit limiting only being able to upload a main image with a white background and not to be able to set the scene with a theme though. I'm also not sure if folks really go to those market places to buy premium products, but rather they are there for a bargain. Do you have a POV on luxury goods on market places?

Cheers,
Dan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6
Dan, looks classy! Congrats.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Daniel161 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

One thing to consider is adding a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes