Feedback on site

ShopKijo
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello! I am completely new to Shopify and a bit overwhelmed with all of the options. I started it on Monday and haven't gotten very many views at all. https://shop-kijo.myshopify.com/ is the link. What can I do to make a sale? How can I improve SEO? I've come over from Etsy and Shopify is a whole new world to me. Any tips are appreciated!

RONKY
3 0 0

Welcome to Shopify Community!

Hello, How are you doing

I recently went through your store and I tell you that it looks good and nice.

You to implement the right marketing strategy for optimal sales.

Kindly activate  the few ones listed above, they may be useful

So klaviyo marketing automation funnel

Facebook and Instagram page

E-ma-il marketing campaign

Facebook and Instagram ads campaign

Thanks

Ronke

0 Likes
Jerrytee
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello how are you doing?

Welcome to Shopify, we are delighted to have you here after a close look at your store, I will like to ask you this question, who designed this website??

Do you design it yourself or you have someone who did that for you?

0 Likes
ShopKijo
Tourist
4 0 1

I designed it and I do not presently have any desire to pay anyone to design or change it for me. I am only looking for advice on how to change, I'm not looking to spend money on any services to do so.

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
996 133 322

Hey @ShopKijo,

Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

shop-kijo-01.png

SEO
To address your question about SEO - good job on recognizing it's importance. Especially when you are coming over from Etsy, this is a big deal! Etsy has it's own search/algorithm and oftentimes when a person wants to buy something they will go directly to Etsy and use the search bar to find things within only Etsy. Now that you are outside of that search, your search pool has gotten a lot bigger. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.

LOCAL
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d connect with other small handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add one of your products, they might add a candle or a handmade card, another person might add a bath bomb, etc. 

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local gift shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

ShopKijo
Tourist
4 0 1

Wow that's a lot of information to go through and things to work on! Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I appreciate all of the links to videos as well! I'm going to take my time reading over and implementing it but this looks incredibly helpful. Thank you again!

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 660

Hey @ShopKijoThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts.

- Improvise product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

There's a blank space in the header.

Add Trust Badges & reviews. They are very important in eCommerce to make people trust your brand and store. Add reviews on the product page. Product reviews are very important for online businesses.

-  Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

Make your store engaging and interactive. If you want better retention and more conversions, you want to invest in engaging your customers.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hello @ShopKijo 

Website looks great. Try to implement following features to your store

Add Wishlist and customer reviews to increase traffic.

Untitled.png

Recently viewed items
It is always required to show recently viewed products to your customers in order to remind again about that product. Here we have added option to show recently viewed products to your customers even if they are not signed-in on shop and product page.

Rewards and Credits
If you want lifetime customers, you not only have to continuously prove that your product is worth what they’re paying for it, you also have to give them that something extra. Show them that you’re the expert in your field and reward them for their loyalty.
A loyalty program may also help you to stand out amongst your competition, giving you the upper hand and making you appear more customer-centric than other brands.
Here are some other benefits of a customer loyalty program:
Identify your best customers.
Reduce advertising costs
Acquire new customers.
Move customers up the buying ladder
Credits To increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. You can provide rewards for Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.

Now a days social login feature is most common tool used in website to login directly with Facebook, twitter, Instagram. Which reduce customer time during login.

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes