Feedback on store especially checkout/payment

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all,

www.cartelnow.com

Have a store which i only set up in last few weeks. Have these stats add to cart 8% a reach checkout 1.74% but a really bad conversion rate ( around 0.3 %).

Have tested the payment path with no issues but a customer commented on a problem they had this morning trying to pay by PayPal. Got the attached error. 

Screenshot_20200917-093820_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looking at my stats all my payments are through shopify. 

Anyone ever seen this before ? Also could you give me feedback any other reasons conversion might be so low ? 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
430 16 93

Hi @DarraghD welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

2. Color is one of the top considerations for every buyer and has the power to make or break a deal. Not just that, colors have the power to trigger deep emotions and apart from being a catalyst that aids brand recall, it can really help you control buyers’ focus and attention.

Therefore, by using them right, you can leverage colors to communicate messages, evoke emotions, and really make a difference when it comes to your store visitors’ purchase decisions. 

3. Now, let’s get right into how different color family resonates with consumers and the myriad of emotions they trigger.

I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you sooo much for your feedback. I really appreciate it. The article on how colour affects customer behaviour is very insightful. I opened my eyes a little bit `

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you so much for your feedback. Loads to look into there. Very helpful. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
101 8 32

Hi @DarraghD 

The problem isn't much with the store layout rather than with the checkouts and low conversion rate as you mentioned. Have you tried capturing the emails of those abandoners so that you can send them reminders? I think you should use the email campaign technique to win your potential customers back. It goes like this, as soon as any potential customer checks-in to the cart, you must collect his/her email so that you can retarget them by sending reminders, notifications, and emails. You can try CareCart to employe this strategy for a cost-effective solution. I see that a social proof mechanism and live chat widget is already installed in your store which is great. Add your social platform icons in the footer section as well.

For more impact on your visitors, try to add a short marketing video showcasing all your products and offers. Good Luck 

Abandoned Cart Recovery by Email: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes