Feedback on store updates - drmower.ca

Tourist
9 1 3

https://www.drmower.ca

We’ve been around a few years and have consistent online sales. We’ve added about 1000 parts this month, with another 4000 to go. Total products will be about 6500. I’ve also been restructuring a bit, adding collections etc, and would appreciate some feedback. We drive a lot of traffic to the store through some old blog posts that have high search results. Fair conversion through our retail store and growing online sales, but it’s an area I really want to expand and I’m working on separating the online from the brick-and-mortar store.

**Please note that we’re in the midst of actively importing products and there may be some missing images or other individual product issues that will be resolved.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes

Hi Charp! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have a defined niche and good customer base, which is excellent. If your main concern is conversion rate - if you already have a lot of traffic, but your conversion is low [less than 1%] - consider reviewing your Google Analytics account. In-depth analysis will help you discover where your visitors are coming from and which sources send you the best converting traffic. This will allow you to focus your marketing efforts only on those platforms that convert the best [sending you paying customers]. That’s usually the first step when it comes to optimizing your conversion rate. If you’re not sure how to review your Google Analytics account, please order it below:

https://www.rockpapercopy.com/asp-products/google-analytics-ppc/

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

1 Like
Tourist
9 1 3

Thank you Maggie. I will take a closer look at our Google analytics. We have good results on Google and I know people find our retail location, get the phone number, email etc. It is harder to translate those numbers into the conversion rate for online sales v. the  in-store conversion.

I have done very little paid advertising so far, but it will consider it in future.

@Rockpapercopy wrote:

Hi Charp! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have a defined niche and good customer base, which is excellent. If your main concern is conversion rate - if you already have a lot of traffic, but your conversion is low [less than 1%] - consider reviewing your Google Analytics account. In-depth analysis will help you discover where your visitors are coming from and which sources send you the best converting traffic. This will allow you to focus your marketing efforts only on those platforms that convert the best [sending you paying customers]. That’s usually the first step when it comes to optimizing your conversion rate. If you’re not sure how to review your Google Analytics account, please order it below:

https://www.rockpapercopy.com/asp-products/google-analytics-ppc/

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Appreciate your time to review the site.

1 Like
Astronaut
757 47 174

Hey Drmower,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1.  For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products, instead of individual products.
  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Please add some more blogs for better clarity.
  4. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://www.drmower.ca/search?type=product&q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

6. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Shopify Partner
438 19 51

Hey, I went through your store. You have a good amount of products in the store. The home page should be visually pleasing and must attract appropriate and potential visitors to your site. In order to capture the immense attention of your visitors, try to add some of these following points in your homepage-
Slideshow Image
Collection List
Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page )
Newsletter Sign Up
Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )
You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

You can use web-push notifications. Web Browser Push Notification is undoubtedly an effective marketing communication channel and what sets this apart from other marketing methods is that it is not restricted to marketing and promotional purpose only. It can be used to deliver useful information, abandoned cart alerts, order status updates, product back-in-stock alerts, etc.

The absence of a social login option on your eCommerce store can make it extremely difficult for you to persuade your targeted customers to stay connected on your site. It helps you capture precise customer data and are excellent for Targeted Marketing.

A review gives the power to either make or break the deal. They are, in a way, a major parameter that leads to the longevity of any eCommerce store. They help in trust-building and gives authenticity to the store. Customer reviews can encourage hesitant buyers, provide additional frames of reference and reduce cart abandonment rates by ensuring other buyers are satisfied with their purchase of the same product.

Adhering to all points mentioned above you can groom your store a step ahead. I have some more suggestions you can reach me if you feel that the above suggestions are helpful for you. My email id is: "paridhi@aitrillion.com"

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
1 Like
Tourist
9 1 3

Hello Parihdi - Thank you for your detailed reply. I was actually just looking at your app offerings and especially your review pop up. Have you created something that ties our existing Google reviews into our store? We have some good reviews that I’d like to post, especially since we are slowly separating our physical store from our online presence. 

I’d been thinking about a slider and collection list or some time now. We have a newsletter sign up down at the bottom. But your web-push and social login suggestions are two things I never considered.  And I'll think about how I can better integrate more of our story into the site.  I've actually been removing that recently as wed downsize our physical presence.

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Char

@AiTrillion wrote:

Hey, I went through your store. You have a good amount of products in the store. The home page should be visually pleasing and must attract appropriate and potential visitors to your site. In order to capture the immense attention of your visitors, try to add some of these following points in your homepage-
Slideshow Image
Collection List
Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page )
Newsletter Sign Up
Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )
You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

You can use web-push notifications. Web Browser Push Notification is undoubtedly an effective marketing communication channel and what sets this apart from other marketing methods is that it is not restricted to marketing and promotional purpose only. It can be used to deliver useful information, abandoned cart alerts, order status updates, product back-in-stock alerts, etc.

The absence of a social login option on your eCommerce store can make it extremely difficult for you to persuade your targeted customers to stay connected on your site. It helps you capture precise customer data and are excellent for Targeted Marketing.

A review gives the power to either make or break the deal. They are, in a way, a major parameter that leads to the longevity of any eCommerce store. They help in trust-building and gives authenticity to the store. Customer reviews can encourage hesitant buyers, provide additional frames of reference and reduce cart abandonment rates by ensuring other buyers are satisfied with their purchase of the same product.

Adhering to all points mentioned above you can groom your store a step ahead. I have some more suggestions you can reach me if you feel that the above suggestions are helpful for you. My email id is: "paridhi@aitrillion.com"

0 Likes
Tourist
9 1 3

Hi Neha - Thank you for your detailed review and reply.  I think I'm on track with your #1 suggestion as am planning on adding a slider of the top products to the home page.  We've never done a sale but will consider it.  I'm definitely on track for new blogs. I'd never really considered the search aspect before and will check out your suggestion for Sparq - that intrigues me.  All of the big players in our industry have that type of drop down advanced search ability.

I will look into Salespop, Pushowl and Growwwave - I appreciate the links and suggestions.  

Best, Char

@neha-sparq wrote:

Hey Drmower,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1.  For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products, instead of individual products.
  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Please add some more blogs for better clarity.
  4. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://www.drmower.ca/search?type=product&q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

6. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha;)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Great to see a fellow Canadian on here. We have worked with clients in the auto space, which is kinda similar/adjacent to what you sell. I'll give you some tips on how we think about marketing for a Canadian ecom store and also how I might improve your store.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would tweak the colour pallet of your store as it's grey, which contrasts with your product images that have a white back ground. I would make the background of your store white. Then consider changing the colours of your footer and header... if you make this grey colour change

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and show more then just products. Add a section to show your top 2 or 3 blog posts. Please don't add a slider/ carousel to your site as they have been proven to kills conversions rates .... No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. When I clicked on Facebook and Instagram in your footer... I got an error that the pages don't exist. I would remove any social media icons you are not using

4. I would add more to your Our Story page as it's bare right now

5. You need to make sure all your product pages have at least one product image. This is a huge area that most stores don't focus on. Also if you want to do online marketing for the store... channels like Google Shopping will require you to have at least one photo on the product page

6. Speaking of product images, the pictures you have now are ok but they could use a more professional and consistent look to them. Some show a bag with the product and a bar code and others don't. I know you mentioned this in the post but I wanted to really make sure you know how import product images are

7. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Gear Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images. This would apply to the large items you sell. People want to look at items from different angels

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

3. Having a designer work with you to give your site a once over... can take it up to the next level you want to play in

Now about marketing your store online if you want to grow you online business across Canada. When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster.

Really focus on using Google Shopping to sell the top 20% or 30% of products that make up the majority of your revenue online/in the store. Odds are these are what will do well for you with Google Shopping

You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
9 1 3

Hi Duane - Wow...thank you so much!  We've been overwhelmed with trying to get our full inventory into the site with good pictures and weights, but this is exactly the kind of feedback for which I was searching.   

I've had a Google Ads account for years and occasionally run campaigns for equipment lines, but didn't even know Google shopping was a thing.  We do have our store connected to our Facebook page, but updates to our social media accounts as we change over to online sales has broken some links.  Will get fixed.

You're right - I'm not putting all of this inventory into Shopify to sit on it, so we are hoping to take it to the next level.  You've given me a ton to think about and update.  I will be in touch directly once we get these basics updated.  Thank you again - your feedback is very appreciated.

Char

@DuaneBrown wrote:

Great to see a fellow Canadian on here. We have worked with clients in the auto space, which is kinda similar/adjacent to what you sell. I'll give you some tips on how we think about marketing for a Canadian ecom store and also how I might improve your store.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would tweak the colour pallet of your store as it's grey, which contrasts with your product images that have a white back ground. I would make the background of your store white. Then consider changing the colours of your footer and header... if you make this grey colour change

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and show more then just products. Add a section to show your top 2 or 3 blog posts. Please don't add a slider/ carousel to your site as they have been proven to kills conversions rates .... No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. When I licked on Facebook and Instagram in your footer... I got an error that the pages don't exist. I would remove any social media icons you are not using
    4. I would add more to your Our Story page as it's bare right now

5. You need to make sure all your product pages have at least one product image. This is a huge area that most stores don't focus on. Also if you want to do online marketing for the store... channels like Google Shopping will require you to have at least one photo on the product page

6. Speaking of product images, the pictures you have now are ok but they could use a more professional and consistent look to them. Some show a bag with the product and a bar code and others don't. I know you mentioned this in the post but I wanted to really make sure you know how import product images are

7. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Gear Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images. This would apply to the large items you sell. People want to look at items from different angels

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

3. Having a designer work with you to give your site a once over... can take it up to the next level you want to play in

Now about marketing your store online if you want to grow you online business across Canada. When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster.

Really focus on using Google Shopping to sell the top 20% or 30% of products that make up the majority of your revenue online/in the store. Odds are these are what will do well for you with Google Shopping

You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

0 Likes

Char, you are welcome for the feedback. Please do reach out when you are ready to try Google Shopping. That channel has been a great boost for our Canadian clients and competing with the bigger brands that have more money.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes