Feedback on store

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello all. We launched our store, Salt and Branch, on Jan. 1, 2020. We sell Coastal Farmhouse decor and focus on curating handmade and made in the USA items. We have had a lot of traffic but not many purchases. I’d love feedback on how to improve the appearance of the site. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
The website is www.saltandbranch.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Saltandbranch  

I would love to provide some feedback on your store. Your overall store looks so attractive and professional and I love your products!

From my point of view, I have some recommendations for your store

DESIGN

1, HeaderSalt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-33-08.png

The Account, Cart (0) and Checkout should be in the same BG color. Currently, only Account is in the grey BG.

2, Search bar

The Search bar shouldn't be here, you can consider to put it on the header. Your logo's store has its own space.Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-36-02.png

3, Sliders

Currently, you have 5 different slides. The slides should have the same designs

I am now pointing out

-This slide has the collection's name, subtitle, and button

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-39-26.png

-However, this slide has only the text

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-39-50.png-And this one, the text's color is while. You should consider adding the black overlay when hovering the slide. Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-40-10.png

-This slide has only one button

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-40-32.pngThere's one thing should be fixed as well is that the image's sizes of the slides needed to be the same. When you switch between slides, the arrow's positions are changed because the images have different sizes. Also, the arrow's color should be changed into another color, not black, it's hard to see and this color has not a good impact on the visual.Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-47-54.png

4, The space between blocks

The space between Slides and another block should be 55px. And the space between the blocks in one should be 30px. The same with others.

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-52-56.png

5, The sizes of the collection

The collection name's size should be bigger. For example, the size of the heading Coastal Farmhouse Collection needs to be bigger than the sizes of Towels and Throws. You can do the same with others. 

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-56-11.png

6, Blog post part

The size of the Blog posts heading should be bigger. 

The date of each post needs to be put under the blog's title.

And the featured image of each blog should be the same size. 

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 09-59-47.png

7, Newsletter

As I point out in the image, you don't need to put the border between 2 blocks. 

And the image on the left should relate to your products. You can replace the current image into another one which can be a room with full products, etc. 

Salt and Branch Curated Coastal Farmhouse Decor 2020-02-17 10-01-55.png

PAGESPEED

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsaltandbranch.com%2F&tab=m...

The defer off screen takes a lot of time to load. Consider lazy-loading offscreen and hidden images after all critical resources have finished loading to lower time to interactive. 

I hope my recommendations can help you! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
322 28 131

Hi @Saltandbranch 

Great website! The color scheme and the layouts look amazing. Honestly, I thought you have had the site for longer than a couple of months. I would totally trust the site and make a purchase. 

I have browsed around for a few minutes, and noticed some things that could be causing the high bounce rate. 

The other feedback seems to be very detailed and important, however, I am afraid that design is not the only factor of conversion rate. 

There are several aspects to look at and work on, in order to see real changes. I will go one by one and try to not forget anything:) 

1) The collections section on the homepage has very nice images. However, the image itself is not clickable. In order to get to the specific collection, you have to click in the word. I personally thought the link was broken. 

Screenshot_30.png

I recommend putting the link on the image or make the word (Pillows, Throws etc.) slightly bigger

Also, make the images all the same size 

2) Make the Blog Post sign on the homepage clickable to redirect a person to the blog page. 

3) I see that you are using Instagram that comes from Pixel Union itself. Starting from March 2nd, Instagram will be discontinuing their legacy API, meaning that the feed will no longer be displayed on the site. I suggest using Instagram apps that will work with the new API rule. 

4) Make the font on the About Us page a little bigger and add some images there. 

5) As I understood, you sell things that have been made by various smaller brands in the US? If you have not too many brands, maybe add a function Shop by brands on the collection drop-down of navigation bar. 

6) On the collection pages, I recommend hiding the No Reviews sign, and display it only if at least one review has been left. That way the Reviews feature will not be demotivating to purchase some items. 

7) On the product page, add more detailed description of the product. Maybe sort the info out by creating Size, Fabric, How to take care etc. 

Besides those little details I have listed above, there are two bigger issues I have noticed. 

1) Make your site more user-friendly. Add comfortable ways of logging in, Wishlist functions etc. I recommend using Growave for that. It has Social Login, Rewards, Reviews, Instagram and 6 more marketing features all in one. 

2) I assume you are not the one who is setting prices? If so, make sure you are giving your customers a chance to save. Offer some discounts for leaving reviews or sharing the store with friends. (also possible with Growave ). 

In my opinion, some items on your store seem pricier that I would want to pay for that. Obviously, the prices are set based on the costs, but not all visitors understand that. You can create a banner that explains why they have to buy from you, not from Target. Say more about Handmade features, if it is sustainable say that a well. Long story short, make people want your items instead of the other more affordable ones. 

I think that is it for now:) 

Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post and marking it as a solution. 

Good luck! 

P.S. If you need further help, please feel free to reach out. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Shopify Expert
277 13 53

Hi,  

I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

Logo & Favicon :

Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.

HEADER & FOOTER :

1. Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.
  2. Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose

HOMEPAGE :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.

1. Banners & Branding -- Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc
  2. Color, Font & Branding -- Over All Text, Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc should be more elegant so that your store looks well-organized, neat and visually appealing. Maintain the same or similar colors and fonts throughout your store to keep your  branding intact 
  3. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collection on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  4. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store                                     
  5. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  6. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  7. Trust Badge on Home Page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic

COLLECTION PAGE :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.

1. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  2. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, color or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  3. Product Label -- Product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’ must be there must be there for the ease of the buyer
  4. Product Showcasing -- Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels . All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user friendly.
    Example of Good Collection Page

PRODUCT PAGE :

1. Features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions and  cart drawer that will make your product page more interactive and user-friendly.
  2. You Can Add Sticky Add to cart / Buy Now Bar on Your Product Page : Demo Example

This floating bar on the product page makes it impossible for your customers to miss checkout with the always visible Sticky Add to Cart Bar. Here the user can quickly select the variants, sizes and quantities for their order and checkout directly. You can use this app Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster
    Example of Good Product Page

CART PAGE :

1. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button ,Sticky cart -- A Sticky Cart feature or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  2. Functionality Of Cart Page -- Discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.  for personalizing your customer's shopping experience on the cart page. You to try our all-in-one app, Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster

Example of Good Cart Page

INTEGRATIONS :

1. Social Media Link -- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or any other social media business pages.
  2. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, Instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store.
  3. Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
  4. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.

App Integration :

Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion

1. Sticky Add to Cart Bar and Buy Now Button
  2. Sticky Checkout Bar
  3. Sticky Cart Icon
  4. Quick Buy Button
  5. Free Shipping Bar
  6. I Agree to the Terms and Conditions Checkbox
  7. Gift Wrapping
  8. Delivery Date Picker
  9. How Did You Know About Us
  10. Additional Cart Notes
  11. Trust Badges

Please check our fully functional Demo Store

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck!

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes