Feedback on why nobody is buying from my store

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Can someone please give their opinion on why I’ve been open since July 2020 and I’ve had over 1,500 views but only sold maybe 9-11 things? I’ve advertised and advertised and it seems that people spend half a minute on my site and only a hand full even add to cart. I get it’s kind of bare, but I literally spell out my purpose and why I’m here and my passion for photography and my state it’s based on. I get it’s a small niche but there are people who no longer reside here who always want to see current life here. That’s the reason I started it. I took pics of old landmarks and posted on Facebook groups relevant to the state and they ate it up. Some even said I brought tears from the floor of memories I gave them. Then I offer calendars focused on the same landmark and I’ve sold 2 and literally last week. I just feel I’m looked at as over priced, but I specify multiple times the shipping is included. I spent so much time on this and it’s very discouraging people look at it like it’s just trash. Any suggestions? Hicinthestix.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
31 0 2

Wow, your store looks stunning, But You need some little Amendment...
Firstly, You need to add a Discount and Also a favicon...
Secondly, have you setup Automation for your store? Because Setting up automation for your store Helps in converting your active Visitors...
Thirdly, Adding Products review to trigger Buyer to purchase from your store

You also Need to Remove The powered by Shopify for Visitors not to know your Hosting and Also when they see such they might think you will shut down and run away with their money...Hope you understand?
Need more discussion on this, 
You can Initiate a Chat

I SELL VALUE FOR YOU

Getting you sales and Traffic is a minor issue for me...
Simply message me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
34 1 11

Hello @bc5922, I hope you are doing well!

Your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with the header which looks awfully big try making the logo small, add a favicon, the layout of the homepage, and lastly the unorganized products. People tend to on an organized place rather than an unorganized one.

I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places.

Capture.JPG

Moreover, you can fix your product title for better reach, a title must have the essential information about the product take Amazon’s titles for example. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1428 73 244

Hello @bc5922, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

- The logo is too big. Shift the logo on the left side and header menu at the top. You need to work on the homepage & make it more professional. Add an attractive slider or banner image on the homepage with a CTA button on it. 

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a shipping policy, privacy policy. 

- Increase the visibility of your search box- Make sure your search bar is easy for your customers to find. Don’t hide a small magnifying glass for them to click on if they really want to search.

Add some marketing tools in your store which will help you to convert the traffic into customers:

• Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
  • Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store.
  • Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.
  • Welcome your customers with welcome & discount popup.
  • Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @bc5922,

I can definitely hear the passion you have for your product, I am sorry it's been such a discouraging journey.

We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. As you've stated, your product is very niche and you are currently only shipping within the USA. Having someone outside of your target audience (outside the USA for example) is the wrong kind of traffic. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

You wrote "I took pics of old landmarks and posted on Facebook groups relevant to the state and they ate it up. Some even said I brought tears from the floor of memories I gave them." This is great! I would pay attention to not only the types of photos that strike a cord with your target audience, but the types of products that are selling. You sell a wide range of products - mugs, drawstring bags, calendars, clothing and etc. but the only things you need to sell are things that your target audience is interested in buying. I have many mistakes over the years creating websites/products that I thought people would be interested in and .. crickets! I don't want that for you. Communicate with your target audience, get active on social media spaces where they hang out and figure out what it is that they want.

The other thing I would say is when I land on your homepage as a first time visitor, I can't tell what it is you sell. I would make it clear right away with a nice product photo and text that tells people you sell products featuring West Virginia landmarks/historic sites (or whatever it may be).

hic-home.png

As I scroll down you have a lot of text saying how you started your store and why, these things are great to know but I would add them to an "About Me" page rather than the homepage. I can tell you are passionate and want to tell your story but when you are writing, focus on the customer and what this product does for them.

The other thing I noticed was you have a few things written such as "I want to apologize in advance for my lack of product availability at the moment. My supplier has restricted new production on certain items that include all over print, like the drawstring bags for example. I will be providing updates as I receive them and apologize for any inconvenience." and "I recently lost a majority of images from previous photography outings of mine, so I'm having to start from scratch." I would remove those things. You want to instill confidence in your visitors when they visit, these are the inner workings of your business that they do not need to know.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes