Feedback on work in progress please

LincsVapours
Excursionist
30 0 5
I have recently took over the job of sorting out a local businesses website that was running but not well. I have still much to do with producuts but any feedback or help with certain things would be greatly appreciated as I'm doing this all by myself. Thank you, the website is www.lincolnshirevapours.co.uk
0 Likes

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels / sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. You should more product on the homepage then anything else. You should use the homepage to build the brand and tell customer what you stand for and who you are

3. Make the contact email your domain as it looks more professional. Don't use gmail or one of those other free email accounts

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. The key here is not just adding a product to the homepage but adding copy to that section to sell people on buying it

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page, instead of having a tabbed section for this content. You don't want to have duplicate content on your product pages

2. Same with the credit card logos, add them to your footer, instead of having it on ever product page. This will clean up the look of your product pages.

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Make sure each product page has a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. Even if this means showing product from another category. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
LincsVapours
Excursionist
30 0 5

Really appreciate your time and feedback. A few of the thing that you suggested are on my list of things to do but also some of things you mentioned i'd love to implement but its at a cost by the only way of apps, so far most of what i have used is all the free apps i can. As we obviously wan't to keep out costs as low as possible. If you have anyway of doing some of the things you mentioned for free or very low cost please let me know how.

Again thank you for your time and feedback

0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @LincsVapours 

You have an amazing store, and the fact that you are doing it alone by yourself surprised me. It looks like there is a small tam behind all of that. Another great thing is that vaping is getting more popular. So with a nice site and correct promotion you will totally make decent revenue. Be ready to invest your time and financial resources though :) With that being said, let's go into details. 

Design wise

Vaping tools (and pretty much all that has to do with vapes) comes in very bright color ranges. Their packaging is meant to almost deliver the taste you are about to purchase and most of the times people prefer colorful tools vapes as well. However, your site is lacking that. You need to make it more dynamic, add some animations, use high resolution images that will cover the whole screen, do not leave out too much white space on the sides. 

Make the header menu and navigation banner thinner. Your logo is great but it does not do anything for creating the first impression. The hero banner does. So you want your customers to see a nice bright image that resonates with your brand, not the blue block with a hero banner sneaking underneath :) 

The categories on the navi bar are great. But the categories on the body of the homepage make no sense to me. I understand that you want to showcase as many products as possible to get visitors interested but it is better to have 2-4 categories such as Best sellers, New in and Sales. Multiple sections with the same categories will only distract a customer. Use a fixed-static scroll for the navi bar, so people have access to the categories from every place of your site. 

The items on your site can be totally promoted by your existing customers because if a person uses vapes, he/she has at least one friend that shares her/his preferences. You can take advantage of that by running a referral program and rewarding your customers for sharing the products. 

Also, your products are something that can be purchased by one person multiple times. For that you should build a strong relationship with your customers. You can do that as well as some other great marketing tools on GrowaveWe have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
LincsVapours
Excursionist
30 0 5

Wow thank you for your great feedback it really is appreciated. 

The things you highlighted are things i have noticed myself but just don't know where to start or how to. As in with the home page, with the supply theme i really like the way it looks clean and simple to use but the homepage lacks things that can be done, most vaping sites do have a fair amount on the front page in terms of navigation, to either use the menus or product tiles on the homepage. I can't do that as i am literally limited to Shop for Catergories, Product Collections or text. I would love to be able to add better features to the home page and better navigation but i don't know how. Also the spaces on the sides i can't use due to theme restrictions. I would like to be able to work on the navigation on which you mentioned too, it's just finding which is the best and least expensive way to go about it. I would like to implement a predictive/smart search for the search bar also as most of my customers seem to go straight to search anyway. The customer rewards and reviews is something im looking at at the moment, im hoping to set up TrustPilot with reviews and i have just set up and email app to follow up customers for reviews. 

If you have any advice or tips on the things you have highlighted i would really appreciate it
Many thanks

0 Likes