Feedback please!

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi!

We are pretty new on the arena and would love some constructive criticism or a bit of feedback! 

Www.theredleague.com

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 17 149

Hey, @Redlegue-com!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You have a nice looking store, you've done a great job. I do have a few suggestions to make it look even better.

I would make your main menu stand out more by making the font slightly bigger and a darker colour. It's not that easy to read at the moment.

Make sure all of your products images are the same size and shape. This page doesn't flow so well because you have one image in landscape mode and the rest in portrait mode:

If you can, I'd also add another product to that page to balance things out, rather than have the missing space at the end.

On your About Us page, I would align all of the text to the left, unless you'd prefer to align it to the middle. It looks a bit all over the place at the moment.

Spaces between paragraphs take the place of paragraph indentations on websites, we don't use both at the same time.

For your About Us content, do you have a cool, personal story about where the idea for your brand came from? Customers love to be able to relate to a brand on a human level. Nooks Design has a great story that helps to draw people to their brand. This blog post goes into more detail about how to make the most of your About Us page.

I recommend you remove your email address from your store and just rely on the contact form for emails. It's common for bots to crawl websites for email addresses to spam businesses. Your customers are also likely to appreciate an online chat option as a fast way to reach you without calling. We have a few options available including the Facebook Messenger Channel and Shopify Chat. You can find the options here.

You should aim to only use high-resolution images on your site. This image is pretty but it looks a bit pixelated on desktop, unlike the one beside it which is a lot more clear:

You have an impressive number of followers on Instagram but it's not useful as a marketing tool at the moment because your engagement rate is low. Instagram marketing and email marketing are both cost-effective marketing tools if you use them well. I would choose at least three different types of content pillars, rather than only posting products. You should aim to be entertaining, informative and ask your followers questions that they'll want to answer. Use lifestyle shots as well, especially if you can get them directly from your customers. It's worthwhile offering a discount or an entry to a free draw when customers share pictures of your products in use. It's also important to post frequently, once a day is good. Engage with your ideal audience by commenting on their photo's as well. You can get more ideas on how to leverage your Instagram following in our free Instagram Marketing course on Shopify Academy.

This guide can help you develop a marketing plan for your store. What other ideas do you have at the moment for driving traffic to your store?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback! 

I will definitely try to resolve those issues and follow your advice! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1448 89 310

Hey The Red League,
"I think its a good start".But, you need to grow more by improving your store and utilizing its potential to the fullest. Look into the below-mentioned tips for the same:

1. “Facebook is an essential component of today's ecommerce marketing strategy", Therefore, adding Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In to the footer social links would help you in increasing customer association to a considerable extent.
  2. It would be better if you align all "footer links" vertically for a more symmetric footer arrangement.
  3. "Collection names" are hardly visible on the "Click on your favorite collection" section.
  4. In order to solve this issue, First of all, shift that section below the central banner for ease of "customer notice and attention".
  5. Secondly, "Magnify" both the "image and font size" and use "dark bold font color" for the "collection names" so that they are visible clearly. 
  6. Add "Shoppay" to the payment methods to provide alternate payment options to customers.
  7. Site legitimacy can be increased by adding "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  9. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

I really wish this new start leads you to a better and farther end to lead.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
241 22 90

Hi @Redlegue-com 

I love the cute product images. It is great that you made them all in one style. 

On the hero banner I recommend using not the logo but a different image, because the logo gets cropped and you already have it on the header. 

-Use your logo on the favicon 

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

-I see that you have quite a lot of followers on Instagram. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

-The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times.For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created account etc.)

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1054 49 311

Hi ! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

You have received plenty of valuable tips so far, which is great. I’ll add few more. 

On your featured hero image, consider adding a layer between the busy image and the text, otherwise the text is difficult to read:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.34.18.png

Alternatively, align the tagline to the left and add a semi-transparent layer between the text and the image to make the text easy to read. I’d also recommend using a shorter tagline - no more than a few words. You can use longer taglines for your text promo areas.

Consider also adding more content to your homepage - you can add 6-9 featured products, promo with one of your discount codes or add a hero image at the very top - right below the main menu. It will create engagement, and give your visitors more content to interact with, which will in return help you improve your conversion rate and dwelling time [time people spend browsing your website, which is important for SEO].

About us page has fantastic content, and I agree about aligning the text to make it look more professional. Also, make sure to SEO optimize each page [and blog post] on your website with SEO friendly H tags, internal and external links, compress the images, add alt tags and link tags, add Geotags, optimize Google snippets, make your URLs SEO friendly and more. It’s essential to optimize your website from the very start [or as early as possible] to help you rank quicker for your target keywords. If you’re not sure how to do it, please check this FREE video course: How to SEO your website and get to Google #1 in 3 Months.

Contact us page + Refund policy - consider hyperlinking your email address for a one-click contact - see the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address

Shipping policy - consider adding this page. This is a crucial policy for potential buyers, and a very important trust signal. 

The more information you add to your Shipping policy, the better. People will feel more confident buying from you. As your shipping policy is very vague at the moment it doesn’t answer basic questions people have before placing an order:

• Do you ship within one country [i.e. the USA] or worldwide
  • How much is the shipping to the USA, Europe, Asia etc.
  • Do you track orders 
  • Do you deliver to work address
  • Do you send regular updates as to order being despatched
  • Do you ship to all locations, i.e. military base, P.O. box, rural areas, developing countries etc. 

Covering these areas will help you build trust and authority as a professional business and assure your visitors to placing an order with you. Any confusion can definitely kill sales - people rather shop somewhere else if they don’t have the info provided, then take a risk placing an order. Make sure to add more info here. Please find below a guide on how to create excellent shipping policy: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/sample-shipping-policy-template/

Collection page - consider displaying three items per row instead of four:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.42.52.png

It will make the product images bigger, reduce the clutter and help your visitors see each design separately. Having too many items in a row will make the designs blend together, which will affect your conversion rate.

You can easily change the number of items on display by going to your Theme editing section and selecting a Collection page to edit:

Untitled design (11).png

Google snippets - consider optimizing your meta title and meta description for your homepage, all pages, products and future blog posts. Currently your homepage snippet looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.48.39.png

Your meta title is “The Red League – redleague.com” and meta description is “Yesterday's Whims for Tomorrow's People”. Your main page title mentions your brand name and URL, which is unnecessary, as you can use this space to tell something unique about your products. 

Consider focusing on the benefits you offer, and not on the product features - that’s a great approach when writing copy that sells. 

Your meta description is too short - make sure to make the most of the character allowance [160 characters] to tell more about your products, free delivery offer etc. 

This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results.

Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

H tags - make sure to use them in the right order [H1 - H2 - H3 - H4 - H5] as it will make Google much easier to understand your content. Add your target keywords to these tags to help you rank for them:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.52.16.png

Your homepage is missing a vital H1 tag [usually assigned to a page title], so make sure to add it as well.

You have quite a substantial number of broken links:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.53.42.png

That could definitely affect your SEO score [and Google rank] due to web usability issues. Consider removing any broken links or updating to fix them. Request your free broken links report now.

Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.54.43.png

Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO. 

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload. That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Consider also adding Google Analytics - it’s a great way to track your progress and see where your traffic is coming from:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 05.55.39.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Redlegue-com ,

I just had a look at your website. Good work! The children’s fashion market, is one of the most lucrative markets in the global fashion industry. It’s been the sector to see the largest amount of growth in the past couple of years.

Below are some of my thoughts to make your store even better:

Sticky Header:  To give a better navigation experience to the user you can create sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. Also, reduce the header height, it should be less.

Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.

Home Page:For engaging customers you can add more sections on homepage such as ‘New arrivals’, ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘offers & discount banners’ etc.

Product page: You can insert product images into a carousel. Also, provide a detailed product description. Also, make sure all of your products images are of the same size and shape. Layered navigation is needed on the category page.

Font: Ensure texts are visible when web-fonts are loading. Use eye-friendly fonts. choose a font that is easier to read even from further away.

Use Videos To Engage Your Audience: It's worth to add brand video, or short clip on the features of the product to engage the visitor.

Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience. 

Social Media: Integrating more social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages for your business helps to reach more customers. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users. 

Live Chat Support: Integrate live chat support on your website. A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.

I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
117 4 22

Hi @Redlegue-com ,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. The font color and size of some sections are not looking great and it's difficult to read.

Increase the font size/change font color of menus, sub-menus, product tile, filter section, pagination, etc.

2. Make the menu "lookbook" first letter capital similar to other menus.

3. Add SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER to the footer so that it's available on all pages.

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products.

In product listing pages like https://theredleague.com/collections/all, image size is looking odd and the product titles are not correctly aligned. Try to make the text correctly aligned with respect to the image.

6. Add Facebook also for your store which really helps to increase the traffic. 

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 23 results indexed by Google. But your website has 37+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
964 46 138

Hey @Redlegue-com,

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

2. You have a great collection but you need to make your store more interactive to grab visitors' attention and increase the conversion rate. For that, you must add marketing tools that are essential for every eCommerce to make sales and retain their customers. You should start using loyalty reward program, it helps in enticing customers and converts them into paying customers. When customer comes on your store you can give them loyalty points, on allowing for push notification you can give them loyalty points, on leaving a review you can give them loyalty points. This will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, email subscribers and will also become a WOW factor for customers so they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. In this way, sales will increase and you will be able to retain your customers.

You should add web push notification to retarget your visitors even when they are not on your store and without getting their email address.

If you want to know how to implement this, don't hesitate to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

Love the about us page and you have the right idea for a brand. You need help roughing out the edges and making your store look more put together. Parents want a store they can trust and has a consistent look & feel. I work with 3 kids brands right now and will give feedback based on that.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the text on your about us, contact and other page by not having the text be center aligned. Left align the text to make it more uniform and easier to read

2. Carousels have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

4. Great to see customer reviews on your homepage. However, you need to give this section a title (Customer Reviews) and make sure parents don't skip over it. Parents trust other parents!

5. Add links to your footer for an FAQ page and a sizing chart. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones parents will look for. You don't want parents buying the wrong size and having to do returns

6. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

7. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Clothing Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make a sizing chart page and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. 

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like