Feedback, please

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello fellow e-commerce friends.

I'm a newbie in the e-commerce world and have created my own store/facebook ads following advice on YouTube and some articles. I've only gotten a small amount of traffic through facebook ads but no sales. I'd love some feedback on my store. I know there's lots of room for improvement. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hey, Alexa!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

You've built a solid foundation for an online store! I love how clean your store's layout looks and I get your focus of products. There are just a few pieces of key pieces missing and our goal is to convert that your traffic into potential sales. 

1. Your "About Us" section on the homepage is very abstract. This can work for you or against you. When you're new to the online world, in most cases, it may work against you. Because the visitors don't know who you are just yet, when you relate in an abstract, you are limiting yourself to a niche group of audience. Again, this isn't necessary is a bad thing, but when you are starting out, you may want to be more relatable and telling the visitors who you are and where you got your inspiration from. If you don't want the distraction on the homepage, you can build a completely separate page for it. Here is a great resource on The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).
2. Your store is missing all the important policy pages. These include pages such as "Return/Refund Policy", "Shipping Policy", "Privacy Policy", and "Terms of Services". They help to clarify the potential customers' questions if they were to have any. Because you're running a business online, you would've wanted to offer as much clarity as you could when it comes to the visitor's orders or privacy, along with your store policy. Shopify offers template generators you can create from Settings > Legal. That being said, I encourage you to read through the content and update it accordingly to what fits your business the best before creating them into actual pages.
3. Since you are an online store now, it's essential to offer the customer support just like you'd have in a brick and mortar store. Your potential customers may have questions regarding their orders or simply having feedback on your stores but they have no contact point with your store at the moment. Here is a great resource on How to Add a Contact Page to Your Store.
4. Favicon! Your store is missing its Favicon. You can resize your logo into a Favicon and add it to your theme editor. It will make your store looks more professional. Also, when your visitors add your store into their bookmark, your store will have a logo showing instead of an empty spot. Here is how you can add a Favicon to your store.

These are all minor tweaks. How have you been doing with digital marketing? Have you been observing where your traffics are coming from? if you have not yet done so, I encourage you looking into our Academy. There are free courses targeting how to market your store on Instagram. If you wish to dab into Facebook marketing, I recommend you have a read through in our fantastic Facebook marketing blog. It'll give you a head start in 2019! 

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi there,

Definitely add more trust signals [About us page, Shipping/Returns page, Contact us page], and also -- products :) You only have 3 items for sale. The more products you have, the bigger your chance of a sale. Also, consider getting a professional domain name instead of 'myshopify.com' one - it can also help you build trust as an established brand, and therefore improve your conversion rate. 

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hi, Alexa.

I knew there's something I had forgotten to mention and it's exactly what Maggie had mentioned here. If you have a moment and the budget, I recommend you invest in a professional domain - one without ".myshopify.com". Here is how you can add a domain to your store. It will help with your brand image and the conversion rate.

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes