Feedback please.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello.

I already received some feedback from people but i would want more.

Our store sells consumer electronics items, we started 2 weeks ago and reached nearly a 1000 sessions and more than 10 abandoned checkout but no sales.

So we want to know what can we improve and I would be very thankful if some one gives any feedback.

website link: tech2ship.com

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
221 39 141

Hey there, @EgorArutyunyan!  

That’s a frustrating place to be in - you put in the hardwork/time to make your store look great, you get traffic but no one actually checks out. Let’s see what we can do.

Homepage

• Hero image: There are a few things here that I would test changing. 1) Focus on one hero image rather than several. 2) Remove your messaging here. A discount or free shipping is a good thing, but this isn’t the way to promote it. Use a banner to promote your free shipping (link to it!) and run a poll to show once someone engages with your products to promote the discount. 3) Add in an enticing message and include a CTA to your products collection.
  • Instead of the featured collection, why not feature more of your collections?
  • Move the About text to an About Us page. 
  • I like that you have your savings highlighted, but a different color may help it stand out more. 
  • Remove the purchase option for the Bakeey Wireless Earbuds and Smartwatch all in one from the homepage unless people are adding it to their cart from there. 
  • Remove the newsletter subscription form from your homepage. It’s already in your header, so it’s not going to be needed. 
  • I’m also missing a currency localization option to update the price. 

Overall, I would suggest looking at what your visitors think. Use heatmaps to see how far down the page they scroll or where they click on the page. You’re going to see exactly how they use your website, and you can update it accordingly. 

Footer

• Newsletter: Add in more value here. That 10% discount grabs their attention more so than just saying “promotions, new products and sales.” Visitors don’t know if they want to buy from you, not to mention give you their email address. 
  • Get in touch: Link your email address
  • Missing links: Don’t forget about your Contact Us page, About Us page, Terms of Service, Shipping Policy and Return/Refund Policy. 
  • Personally, I would consider adding some more trust-building features here. Reinforce your 100% guarantee and commitment to customer service.

Navigation
The white text on the yellow background is a little hard to read, so consider making the font a darker color to help it stand out more. Click heatmaps will help you evaluate your main navigation to see where people click or not click.

You may be able to consolidate your collections or re-organize them a bit based on what your visitors want. For example, Earbuds and Speakers could be considered Phone Accessories, so someone may question why those aren’t included in the drop-down. 

Also, check if eBooks is the right way to describe the product. I believe you’re selling eReaders rather than eBooks. 

Session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, will show you exactly how people use your store. How do they navigate to products? 

Collection pages
For reference, I’m looking at Drones. 

• Add filters for price, material, weight, whether it includes video, etc. Make it easier for people to search
  • Simplify the product names to make them easier to read. 
  • Double-check your pricing. I was able to find your products at a substantial discount just by doing a quick Google search. Your visitors will likely be doing something similar.

Product Pages
For reference, I’m looking at the FQ777 F8 GPS 5G WiFi FPV w/ 4K HD Camera 2-axis Gimbal Brushless Foldable RC Drone Quadcopter RTF.

• There’s no shipping information! You have to get the shipping information front and center; there’s no way around it.
  • Update your description: Right now, it isn’t helping your visitors. They have to read a novel to find out what they need to know. Craft in it a way that’s easy to read but still engaging. If a visitor is new to this technology but is looking to buy one, they wouldn’t know anything about it. This is a great time to make it easier for them. 
  • Include more information (without being overwhelming):  If there’s a video you can include, show it. Include a quick FAQ guide. For example, when should someone get one battery or three batteries? 
  • Add in reviews! Though you don’t have sales yet, reviews are pretty darn important to your visitors. They want to know what your customers thought about it. Don’t just put up all five-star reviews; showcase real customers who had real opinions about it.

Since you have traffic but no sales, I have a few more suggestions:

• As I mentioned earlier, watch session recordings to see what’s happening to your visitors. Are you driving the wrong audience, or are they confused? What are their pain points or bottlenecks?
  • Use a poll to ask them directly. Ask something like, “Is there anything that stopped you from checking out today?” to find new insight. Just make sure you trigger it to launch after they’ve already engaged with your site, such as viewed a product. 
  • I like that you have chat, but it isn’t doing enough. You need to make sure it’s engaging. Find a system that offers auto invites, which will let you launch a chat invitation based on their behavior. For example, someone would automatically be invited to chat if they didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart. It’s going to be more engaging and pro-active.

I know this sounds like a lot, but you are already doing so well! You’ve put so much hard work into your store, and it shows. Visitor behavior is going to help you find those areas  that can be improved for better customer experience and more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
790 17 223

Hi @EgorArutyunyan !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Hero banner - use high-resolution images that will resonate with your brand. Do not forget about CTAs. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals. 

2. There are no trust badges, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop.

3. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

4. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

5. Add a favicon

6. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

7. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

10. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

11. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hi there! 

I think you're website looks good with all the brand information, featured product, discounts and all the other website details.

An advice that I would like to give is adding product review or testimonial on the website. This is an effective method to build your brand's reputation and trust. As the consumer purchasing behavior continuously develop, more and more people start to develop the habit to read reviews and compare between brands before purchase. Adding reviews and including product photos customers receive encourages social proof and is a good way to help keep you customers on your site.

Furthermore, another tip I would like to suggest is retargeting campaign. Once you manage to drive more traffic to your website you should use retargeting campaign to re-engage with potential customers. You can do this by downloading Ako Retargeting on your shopify app store: https://goo.gl/vrERY1. Ako retargeting is a cost efficient tool that could help you business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your visitors and potential customers back to your site by delivery a variety of creative ads most relevant to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn more about Ako retargeting from here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b

All the best!

Irene

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi 

1. Add a blog page that helps you share more about your products and increase your site visibility
  2. Add SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description to be higher rank on Google Search
  3. Include the feature of multi-language and multi currency to better serve worldwide customers
  4. Add more shipping and payment information including email, address, shipping fee (high/low/free), etc. and diversify them
  5. Diversify Thank you note, send email/make a call to nofify and give them thanks
  6. Install a push notification app that helps you recover abandoned carts and improve conversion rate on your store. A good push notification app helps you send customized messages with attractive discounts to people who viewed your items or add items to cart but not make purchases, then they will be motivated to come back to buy your products. You will soon get massive sales. A good app is Ecomfit (For more about push notification app, you may visit here https://ecomfit.com/blog/push-notification-service-essential-for-ecommerce-business/ and follow these steps https://ecomfit.com/blog/3-simple-steps-to-use-web-push-notifications-ecomfit-com/ ).

I hope this is helpful.

Actionable Analytics & Promotion - https://ecomfit.com/
0 Likes