Feedback to Improve store visits & conversions - Bespoke leather journals & stationery store

IndigoArtisans
5 0 0

Hi 
I have had my Shopify store for a couple of years now but am looking for any constructive feedback on improving it to get more visits and conversions. I think my SEO is good but I would love to get more visitors and more conversions.

I am working on adding more products and blog content and have worked on my home page.

Is there anything glaringly obvious that I need to improve on?

Any constructive feedback would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

My website it: www.indigo-artisans.com

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1632 0 0

There's a really cool conversion optimization guide with proven methods to improve: https://speedboostr.com/conversion-rate-optimization-guide/

I notice that a lot of products on your home page show "no reviews" under them. I've seen a lot of sites where reviews help drive sales so featuring products with reviews might be a good idea. You might also try featuring popular items and any items with high profit margins here instead. 

I'd also do some keyword research and adjust your title tags across the site since most of these are scare with keywords and might be hard to find searching through Google.

This one is a good example: https://indigo-artisans.com/collections/leather-anniversary-gifts

You have "LEATHER ANNIVERSARY GIFTS - Indigo Artisans" as your title, which is good since it shows the collection name and your brand name. Sprinkle information about what type of products are on the page here like Sketchbooks, Journals, Totes (make sure to use a tool like Moz's Keyword Explorer to help you find what works: https://moz.com/explorer)

I do see a few speed issues related to images, you might consider compressing your images and adding lazy loading to your theme (results are here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fo19paytu4):Annotation 2020-06-03 113216.png

More information on how to add this yourself here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-lazy-loading/

A/B testing different features, color options, etc. can also be a good way to determine what improves conversion for your customer base, so always make sure to test features before and after to see what works best.

Hi @IndigoArtisans,

One thing I must say when I take a look at your store is that the product images look captivating. However, I can see some small glitches on your product page, which I believe we can fix immediately to improve the overall performance of it. Here's how:

image.png

Following some of the researches on the e-commerce page layout, the horizontal tab layout is causing people to overlook its content. Even when you have defined it clearly as "description" & "FAQs", visitors would still miss it.

To avoid this unexpected situation, I believe you can use an accordion or vertical collapsed sections instead. Especially when you placed the important content on the FAQ's tab, it's making more sense to not use a horizontal tab layout for the product page.

image.png

I'm not sure why we need two review sections on the product page, there should be only one section for reviews since it might cause confusion to your customers while making their decision.

image.png

One more thing that I notice on your product pages, It's time-consuming while visitors have to click on each dropdown here to view just 2 - 3 options inside. Instead, you can use the radio buttons or variant selection while there are only 2-3 options to improve the overall user experience. 

To learn more about how to improve the product page, you can take a glance at this article here.

I hope my recommendations will be helpful to you. I wish you many more sales in the future, please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns. Best regards!

--

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
ZacWyatt
Shopify Partner
44 2 11

Talking about reviews. I know reviews are important to catch customer's attention. I'm setting up my store and some dropship gurus suggest me to use review app Ali Reviews  to add more reviews and build trust for my store. As I've heard, this app can import multiple customers reviews at once and filter the most positive review to highlight my products. And it also has "up sell email automation" which I think can be good for me to send email to get more orders. 

As a newbie, I don't have any ideas about this app, can you give me some recommendation? Thank you in advance! 

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
483 17 101

Hi @IndigoArtisans ,

Hope your business is going fine during these difficult times. I have a couple of tips that I would like to share with you:

1. Adding a feature of the most purchased /liked product will help the product being reviewed. 

2. Homepage main banner needs a bit of attention, it's not attractive. A high quality image with less wordings will do . Currently there's text on top of the image. Which is causing difficulty in reading the text.

3. Homepage is a bit cluttered now. Having collections like featured products, best designs is fine, but the remaining ones can be moved to a separate page . Reducing website clutter which will help in increase your conversion rates.
4. Wishlists will signify a customer's interest in a product without an immediate intent to purchase. It will be helpful if wishlists are enabled.
5. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

Do let me know if you require any more help, I'm happy to be of assistance.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Indigo-Artisans,
Below mentioned apps and tips would surely help in store optimization:

• "the JOURNAL" in the header menu should be written as "The Journal" as the other header menu elements are written.
  • For better traffic and sales, you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  • Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes