Feedback to new site! Thx!!

Tourist
5 0 0
Hello all! I’ve hit the one year mark on my shop and want to make some changes to the site, look, verbiage etc. Everything is on the table and up for feedback. Thanks so much, I’m so appreciative of your thoughts!

Leslie

https://www.ourcultureislove.com/
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0
Thank you for your feedback! I greatly appreciate it. - Leslie
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
336 37 66

Hey, Leslie!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

I wanted to start by saying, I love your site. I really like the idea behind your business and the support for women around the world that you are developing. Have you thought about ways to share more of this story with your customers?

While it is absolutely important to showcase the products you have in your store, it is also important that customers know what kind of a difference their purchase could be making. In my experience content or products that customers feel emotionally connected to perform much better. For example, I would be much happier buying a candle that will positively impact a makers life than buying one from the chain store down the street. Not only will I have a candle at the end of it, but I can feel good about myself for my purchase too.

I agree with Matt that organization is important, there are a few options for how you could achieve this with your site. With the theme you're currently using your drop down headers aren't clickable. This means you can use these sections of your menu to generate categories that lead to collections. In the screenshot below you'll see that I've pointed out some options that could potentially be combined into one drop down to save space on your menu. Another way of doing this could be by grouping items in bunches like, For you, For the Home, For your Closet, or something along those lines.
10-44-wfypo-3rjvl

With less things in your top menu, you would have space to include another drop down that has your About Us page and potentially even more pages with information about the women who create what you're selling, or even the processes they take to make the products. Have you ever considered starting a blog about the process of sourcing and sharing these products with the world?

Another way to make it easy for potential customers to find out more, would be to turn your top image into a link. With some themes you may also be able to add a button, that could be labeled "Find out More" or something similar.

10-05-normp-sk2xg

I also took a look around and noticed that the Instagram logo in the footer of your site links to a site called "instahu" instead of to your Instagram profile. Was this intentional?

Another thing I noticed that could improve the aesthetic of your site is your collection grids. Many of the images are different shapes, so they appear a little haphazardly on the page.
10-15-8sadd-lde9g
To fix this you could edit your pictures so that they all have a similar aspect ratio, or try to focus on images with transparent backgrounds or background that are the same colour as your site. While only a small detail, it would add an air of professionalism to the design.

In general I think you have a great layout here and a fantastic concept. If you have any questions at all about what I've said please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Leslie, congratulations on your store!

I think that your site has a clean overall design. 

I think on your collection pages/sections, it'd look better if your product images were all the same dimension ratio. If you look below, you'll notice that some products are taller than others. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 8.26.58 PM.png

I'd also say that, in general, you should be a little more hesitant to add discounts to your products. It gives off the wrong vibe to your visitors when ALL of your products are on sale. It also makes them less likely to feel any real persuasion to purchase. 

The only other thing I'd say is that it seems that you have a large variety in your categories. Your homepage seems like you're dedicated to luxury soap products, yet I see purses & bags, jewelry, shirts and hoodies... These could all stand as their own independent shops. I believe you'd be better off narrowing your products to 1-2 categories.

Overall, you've got a great website! I'm sure you will find success in your endeavors.

Check out our newest app Daily Deals: https://apps.shopify.com/daily-deals-6
0 Likes