This is my first time trying anything like this, print-on-demand drop shipping, and I would appreciate any feedback and recommendations concerning my site: ClassyGardener.com Including choices of photos and product designs as they are unique to my site.
I will be eventually be advertising my site on facebook ads.
Hi Frank. How are you doing?
Firstly, congratulations on your new store.
AS you are hoping for a better means of earning passive income via eCommerce, here are what I have for you as recommendations to make your store more convertible, stunning and professional enough for traffic conversion.
* Try premium theme with simple navigation to help conversion: Customers/traffic love something simple but stunning and they deserve to be treated to the fullest of their taste by giving them what they want through an amazing shopping experience. How? Stunning design. Samples:
* SEO: You want organic traffic into your store always but you didn't want to depend on ads always. SEO is what you need to rank your website among your competitors and increase sales even when you don't expect it.
* Sales Funnel: Just like SEO, you want to be having consistent sales in your store, build a potential/active customers' list, you need a traffic/sales conversion sales funnel for your website. This will help you with sales at every opportunity by building relationships with your subscribers, promote your products to them to have first sales, and returning customers through some automated designed email templates.
* Social media branding: I guess you won't underestimate the power of branding and creating a strong social media presence. Branding will definitely help you to build trust with your potential and active customers.
Urgent matters need urgent solutions. If you need help optimizing your store to a more professional taste Contact me and I can help you.
I'm Richard Nguyen, CRO Expert from the PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 active Shopify merchants.
1. Home page
1.1 Make the menu sticky
A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.
1.2 Add the CTA button on the slideshow
A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.
With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.
On each slide, you can add a CTA button and redirect to the corresponding collection/ product page.
1.3 Show store's collections on the home page
I recommend you should show your store's collections so customers will have a general view of all collections of your store
You can consult my Chloe template
1.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews
You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
1.5 Display social media
As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.
2. Product page
I take this page for example https://classygardener.com/products/weekend-forecast-gardening-with-no-chance-of-cooking-or-cleaning...
2.1 Use color swatches instead of using a dropdown variant
I recommend you can use color swatches for your shirts products. Customers can see all colors of the product, they don't have to open the dropdown many times to see.
You can use some third-party product options apps to show color swatches: Zepto - Product Customizers; Product Options and Customizers, etc. PageFly do integrate with these apps.
Or you can check my list of top 5 product options apps here to find the best app for your store!
2.2 Add a customer review section
A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews.
=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.
It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
- Make all the images aligned to each other.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.
- On the product page, you should create a drop-down of the descriptions as shown in the below screenshot.
- I see your store does not have eCommerce marketing tools in your store. Add them to drive conversions in your store.
To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app.
P.S- Free plan available.
The Header: you can use a sticky header, and move the main menu to the header. When you put the main menu to the sidebar, it is not really effective.
Your Product page:
I hope these suggestions can be helpful for your online store.
Good luck with your store!