Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have been working on and off for a year on my store  https://unwineder.com/when I have time. I went ahead and brought it online even though there are things I know that still need attention. I am a 67 year old contractor who is comfortable enough around computers but when it comes to having a social presence I am severely lacking and this old dog doesn't think he can learn that trick now, It's just not in my makeup. Given what unWINEder is all about I think when I try to promote it I should be targeting wine enthusiast first. 

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated, Thank you in advance, Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @steveibe 

I would love to provide some feedback and some recommendations for your store. By the way, I love your products.

DESIGN

1, The header

- Your store's logo needs to be bigger so people can recognize it better. 

- The font size of the menu on the right also should be bigger, it can be 16-18px

2, The slideshow

- Currently, the format of the headings in the Slideshow is different from each other. They should be the same format. You can consider putting them in a same position too. 

For example, "These Barrels may become", "SWINGS", "Tables", etc. They have different formats.

3, Add more content

unWINEder | unWINEder 2020-03-18 08-12-22.png

Currently, this section has no content and it is blank. You can add the collections or product list here with the call to action.

You can also add the product's reviews here and a Newsletter section so customers can contact you easily.

You can add your store's Instagram feed as well.

4, The footer

- Currently, your store's footer has no content. You should add categories here such as

• Pages: List all your pages of your store
  • Contact us: List all social media Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, phone number
  • Store's information

PAGE SPEED

You should pay attention to your store's page speed.

- The total weight is quite big. Page weight is a key factor in load speed. Try to keep your pages under 4MB max. Under 2MB is a good goal to shoot for. Images are usually the heaviest contributor to page weight, so starting with the image compression is a good move.

I can list some of the images having big size: 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0165/3538/8224/files/Tables..._1868x1080_crop_center.png?v=1548175...

Current weight: 5.35 MB

With lossless optimization:
3.75 MB (-1.61 MB)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0165/3538/8224/files/Tables..._1868x1080_crop_center.png?v=1548175...:

Current weight: 5.35 MB

3.75 MB (-1.61 MB)

https://cdn.shopify.c ... enter.png?v=1551225855:

Current weight: 3.57 MB

2.19 MB (-1.39 MB)

You should optimize them

- You can refer here to know more about other factors https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Funwineder.com%2F&tab=deskt...

Here is the article about page speed and how to make your page load faster, I hope it can help you in some ways. 

I hope my recommendations can be helpful for you. Feel free to let me know if you have any concern.

Best of luck!

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I just had look into your website. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> I see one of your item in view page, there is no specifications and descriptions you can add the specifications and description of items, An elegantly composed item description clarifies the advantages of the item and persuades the customer that they need the item as well as need it. Your item description is the one you need to catch their eye to in light of the fact that it can without much of a stretch pull in them and influence them to put in a request.
-> I am unable to find refund policies on your website. Having a well-thought-out return policy clearly displayed in your store is key to attracting and keeping your customers. Simply You should give confidence to your customers, You can add it.
-> Add Contact us page.
-> Have you created your website social media pages? I am unable to find your website social media pages. You create and add it into your website. And increase your followers through social media pages.

Otherwise Great work you have done on your website.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hello @steveibe,

1. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - 

And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

2. Add a footer menu. It includes policies like shipping policy, refund policy. Provide contact information throughout the website. 

3. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

4. You can add a loyalty reward program. Start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

5. Some of the marketing tools that you need to add are web push notification, chatbot, referral program and many more.

Marketing tools will help you in increasing the conversion rate. It is essential for an eCommerce store as it engages the visitors and converts them into customers.

To implement these marketing tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi Steve, 

When looking at your site I see that there is someone who is passionate about the things he/she doing behind all it. It feels at home and cozy. Let me tell you, with a little bit of work on your site, every single wine lover will become your customer (well most of them :) ) 

Here are a couple of things that you can consider changing or adding and hopefully that helps:

-the first thing that bothered me is images and mainly the ones on the hero banner. It is amazing that you only use images that you have taken yourself, however, their quality needs some improvement. For example here the sign is located randomly and goes over the navigation bar that way totally ruining the first impression

Screenshot_9.png

-If possible, consider hiring professional photographer and do justice to your pieces of art:) 

-the navigation bar is small and it is difficult to see because of the background 

-I personally think that using brown with burgundy look great unlike the purple that you are using, it also resonates with your brand more

-Add ToS and Policies pages 

-add functionality on your site. You can use apps for that. If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts and more just in one click check out Growave

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 5

Hey @steveibe,

Good work on your store. I would just like to add a few very common but extremely important points that might have skipped your consideration.

1. Fonts:  The right font and the size are extremely important for any site. If it is hard on the eye , customers will struggle to read and won't stay at your pages. Go for using web safer fonts as Arial or Roboto and make sure your fonts are large and visible enough to read. 
  2. Color Contrast: Screenshot (10)_LI.jpgI couldn't help but notice you have used a shade of light green fonts with purple here. The light green fonts become faded beside purple and is harder to read. Use more contrasting color fonts for better visibility.  
  3. Contrasting fonts with background: If your fonts get dissolved in your background, it will affect your user experience and your customers won't stay in your store pages for long. For instance, use fonts like black and white instead of purple here. The fonts are barely visible or readable. Screenshot (11)_LI.jpgScreenshot (12)_LI.jpg

Keep up the good work! Good luck with your store. 

0 Likes