Feedback www.smartcartonlinestore.com

10 0 0

im self taught and really enjoy it but it gets a little disheartening when there still hasn’t been a sale

please help

www.smartcartonlinestore.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey Jessica, 

Trevor the Guru here!

I've taken some time to review your site, and have some suggestions and tweaks that I think your site could benefit from. I'm going to dive into them in a list form below to keep things organized!

Home Page Suggestions:

1. I would suggest removing both the search section and newsletter section from the homepage. I suggest this because you want to reduce the amount of space it takes for your customer to see your products. The more time they have to scroll, the higher chance your customer will leave the site. Your customers can use the search ability located in the top right corner, and you could consider using one of the many newsletter pop up apps that our app store offers to replace the newsletter section. 
  2. In connection with number 1, I would suggest reducing the size of your logo as currently, your header takes up a vast majority of the screen. 
  3. I can see that you have 3 "Free Shipping" notices (one announcement bar, and 2 in the footer). I would suggest reducing this down to just the announcement bar or removing the second "Free shipping" in the footer. 
  4. For your navigation, you could remove search, and keep it to the five options to keep things clean and organized. 
  5. The second suggestion for your navigation is creating a "drop" down menu from Categories to allow for easier navigation.
  6. If your theme allows it, I would suggest reducing the height of your slideshow as well as it is fairly large.
  7. You could also swap your "Featured Collection" with your "Collection List" as this allows your customers to navigate to a variety of categories quicker. 
  8. Another thing to consider is reducing the number of products within your featured collection from 2 row to 1 as this would keep things a bit neater. 
  9. My last suggestion for your homepage is changing the color scheme to something a bit more inviting! Using white, or lighter colors will help keep your customers more engaged with the site. 

Product Suggestions:

1. I would suggest taking the time to edit the titles of all your products to something more relevant as this will help with the credibility of the site. 
  2. A great way to increase your brand image, and entice your buyers is by having great product descriptions. Removing the generic descriptions that Oberlo supplies and writing your own can really help in this case. They don't have to be anything crazy, but adding your own touch to it can really help. We have a great blog post here that can give you some pointers! 
  3. If you're using a Shopify theme, and have an eligible account, I would highly suggest reaching out to our support to put a request in to have your product image thumbnails removed to help clean the page up a bit!
  4. Lastly, product images are HUGE in the e-commerce world as they give your customers a visual of what they're ordering. If it's within the budget, I'd suggest purchasing a few products and taking your own images! That being said, I would also look into removing some product images that aren't applicable. A great example of this is your tempered glass images here. 

Starting up an online business starts with building your brand image, which consists of marketing, and getting your name out. This can be done through a variety of different ways, however the post popular methods are through Facebook Ads, and Google Adwords. Shopify has an extensive list of marketing blogs that can help you grow as a business. You can also check out Oberlo's marketing blogs as this is geared more to dropshipping!

I hope you find some usefulness in the suggestions that I've provided above, however, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to respond back and I'd be happy to help!

All the best, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

1 Like
Highlighted
10 0 0

Wow that is amazing I’m so grateful for you taking the time to review my site as it really does help, all your suggestions make perfect sense. Im brand new to this and have been  teaching myself along the way and sometimes its easy to loose site of what I should be doing, so your advice is muchly appreciated

any other theme colour suggestions and with the logo do you think I should start again with that? I stare at them too long and after a while I don’t know what even looks good anymore haha 

Warm Regards

Jess

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
27 0 7

Hey Jess,

Trevor is spot on with his advice. Credibility is king and without it people will not trust you. Unfortunately there are so many dropshippers on Shopify that are advertising on Facebook. Some of these are absolutely crushing it and the others barely know how to advertise and barely know how to build a store.

You need to focus on having the user experience spot on before you go to market. Check out BIG etailers to get an idea of what professional looks like. 

If you do not pay attention to the customer experience they certainly won't pay attention to you. It's not hard to make your store look amazing. Check out one of mine www.velocitybicycleco.com It's not amazing but it ensures the customers see a professional store.

Another point on customer experience, if you provide a poor experience for users off Facebook you will be penalised. Facebook cares about the types of businesses it allows to advertise and it will become harder over the coming months for people that aren't taking it seriously.

Once you have cleaned up the store so it looks professional be sure to focus on your retargeting funnel before running your top of funnel ads. This ensures that anyone that does see your store is being followed up, they get the opportunity to fall in love with your brand enough to purchase, and hopefully with amazing customer service will become repeat buyers.

Teaching the Art of Ethical eCommerce. $2,500,000+ in POD $650,000+ on Sneakers $250,000+ in Jewellery Check out Storehacks.com now - https://www.storehacks.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey again! 

I'm happy to hear my suggestions helped! Shopify has a motto: "Make Commerce Better for Everyone" which means we want to ensure our merchants have the resources to make their businesses grow and succeed. This is more of a creed to me as I'm a business owner myself so I know how easy it is to get lost in those videos and to try to take in all the knowledge they have to offer, so you're not alone on that front!

As for colors, I would try to stay closer to white, blue or softer toned colors that suite your products. I came across this great blog post back in the day titled "How to Use the Psychology of Color to Increase Website Conversions" that I think would be a great resource for you. :) 

In my personal opinion, I love your logo. It has an elegant appeal and is in tune (pun intended) with your products! For this, I would just look into making it a bit smaller to help bring down the size of the header. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

1 Like
Shopify Partner
27 0 7

How can I get in touch with you Trevor? Would love to have a chat with you about a project I'm working on. 

Teaching the Art of Ethical eCommerce. $2,500,000+ in POD $650,000+ on Sneakers $250,000+ in Jewellery Check out Storehacks.com now - https://www.storehacks.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey Ronnie!

For security reasons we're unable to provide our personal emails, however, I'll shoot you an email from support@shopify.com which will be connected to my name so any reply will come directly to me. In full transparency, I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but I'm always up for a challenge. :)

Cheers, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

0 Likes
10 0 0

Thankyou so much for all your time and advice

i will be putting all your advice into practice, I’m also going to remove all my products and take the time to edit each one properly as I’m adding them, which I know I should of done at the time but these are all learning curves 

Just one more quick question if you don’t mind, do you think I need to narrow my niche?

Thanks

Jess

0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi Ronnie

Thanks  so much for your advice It all makes sense to me but sometimes I feel I just need a little guidance, your both so generous with your time and advice and I will implement your all the information, thanks again, You Rock!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
27 0 7

Narrow your niche in terms of products you're offering. Say focus on mugs, or apparel. Once you have that sorted you can go about making your store look amazing. Once it looks good you can focus on all sorts of niches with those mugs, everything from Photography to Ghost hunting.

If you check out Storehacks.com (my blog) (selfish plug) I will be launching a store on Monday with a partner and we will track its way to success. We are focusing on POD Jewellery.

As for guidance, we all need it from time to time :D

0 Likes