Feedback

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi all

Can somoene check my store and give me a feedback.

Link: www.forhomely.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 46 58

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Pacino!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at your store, and I'd be happy to share my suggestions.

Firstly, I'm interested in learning who your ideal target market is. I'm so glad you already created an About Us page! I noticed it was in the footer menu, but I recommend adding it in your Main menu as well. You want this page to be easily accessible for visitors to quickly learn more about your business.

Upon reading your About Us page, I wasn't able to readily identify who your target market is. This sentence sounds like you're targeting anyone and everyone: "For Homely believes that every family, every baby and every one is born to stand out, born to be #amazing in their own unique way and outshine the crowd." Having a specific outline of your ideal target market is incredibly important at every stage of your business. According to the Product Categories you have listed on your home page, you're targeting home owners, pet owners, and people who like to cook. While there may be people that fit into all three niches, you definitely want to start off with a simplified and specific target audience. Not every home owner is a pet owner, not every pet owner likes to cook, and not everyone who likes to cook is a home owner. Ultimately, you want to include who you are, why you are (the problem that your customers face), what you sell (the solution to their problem, that is better than the solutions they already use), and what your mission is. This is your chance to tell your story, and gain your visitors' trust, potentially turning them into customers. Feel free to reference this guide to help you get started!

Have you already developed a business plan? If you haven't, we have a step-by-step guide you can reference, and you can download our business plan template to work through here. The business plan is the backbone of your entire business and is crucial for your success. Within the business plan, you'll be required to outline who your target market is. If you're still not sure on how you can be more specific, I recommend reading this guide.

I also noticed some grammatical errors on your About Us page. For example, this sentence: "Here at For Homely our goal is to deliver the coolest and most unique products from all artists and designers from around the globe to you everyday because we know how something special to brighten up your day!" is a bit of a run-on sentence, missing some punctuation, and the last part of the sentence isn't grammatical. It may be worth using a tool like Grammarly to proof-read the text you want to upload to pages, to ensure that your website looks credible. On the same page, you suggest that visitors can contact you by email, but don't actually provide an email address to contact you at. You'll either want to add a hyperlink to your contact page, or include an email address that you can be contacted at. I'm glad to see you've already added a contact page, though. The only thing I'd recommend for that is to add it as a menu item in your footer menu, making it more accessible.

In regards to your product pages, I appreciate that you've included important details and images in the product descriptions. The only thing I would suggest is taking your own product images. When you use a supplier's product images, the image can often be reverse-searched to locate the source of the product. Additionally, taking your own product images allows you to control the uniformity of the photos. This is essential for your own branding, as visitors are more likely to turn into customers when they see consistent images and start to trust your brand.

After making these changes to your store, (your business plan, target market, about page, and ultimately the products you sell) you'll want to develop a marketing plan. This is yet another reason why having a clear and specific understanding of your target market is so pertinent. In order to market your products and brand effectively, you need to really know who your market is. What ways do you think you'll market your store?

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction. I know there's quite a bit of information here, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1958 123 434

Hey Forhomely,

The logo alongwith the menu and side options should be shifted slightly upwards to avoid the unwanted empty space. Some other points to be noted are as follows:

1. Add some more unique banners for a better and professional site look.
  2. Favicon is barely visible, needs to be more clear for better visibility.
  3. The newsletter occupies a lot of space. Try adding it in the footer and instead add Instagram images for better brand promotion.
  4. More social links need to be added for better connectivity.
  5. Testimonials should be added to build better customer trust and belief.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope store improvement brings lots of sales and conversions to you.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes