Feedback

Solved
Miruna1
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

I recently made my store public and I am looking for any sort of feedback on it. Constructive criticism to help improve it is very much welcome. https://witchsbrewshop.com/

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 120 236

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Miruna1 

I dig your homepage! I think it's quite authentic and plays well to your brand. With that said, there are a couple of things I noticed that could be tweaked:

Firstly, I think your header font size could be increased. This is especially important so your collection image text is easier to read and doesn't get drowned out in the images

Also, at the bottom of the page, the formatting looks off due to having a 3 column section but you are only currently using 2 of the columns. Consider adding information on typical shipping times. For example: "Orders typically arrive within X business days".

Lastly, I would stay away from advertising 'partner products'. I think it's a damaging look to a brand in the long run. It also takes visitors away from your site. Imagine going to a jewelry store and you noticed in the corner of the showroom they also happen to sell some vacuum cleaners. It would be damaging for the brand in terms of being a reputable jewelry business. Just some food for thought!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Miruna1,

This is Richard - CRO Expert from PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments and hope it would be helpful to you:

1. Homepage

1.1 Header

- Header font is quite small, which makes it very difficult to spot it right away when scrolling through the page

- The logo is considered to be quite big. You might want to minimize it then put it on the left on the same line with the header

- Make a sticky header: Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You should make this menu bar sticky (include the header too if you can minimize the logo)

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 09.47.26.png

1.2. Hero section

- You might want to make the hero section full width, with the text on it should not touch the edge of the picture, making the layout of the page look unprofessional). The background pic is also overlapped a little bit with the text on it, making the text look difficult to read 

1.3 Featured collection 

- The hover state of these button is too dark which make them unable to be read 

- You should make these buttons look like button by adding border for them. Right now they look like text with highlighting effect on it and might make customers confused (cause they do not know these are buttons and should be clicked on)

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 09.56.09.png

- You can also include CTAs for these collections

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.03.49.png

1.4. Story Section

- Include a story section/about us section is great however you might want to add some extra space for the text column.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.03.25.png

1.5 Add more content to homepage layout

- You can include: Testimonial, Social Proofs section to make your page feel more alive. You can check out this Brookwood template for example 

PageFly_0-1617160127814.png

2. Product List page

- Include CTAs, variant, secondary hover image, star rating

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.11.21.png3. Product Page

- One product page should include 3-5 products image (in which there should be a in-scale picture)

---

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

0 Likes
Miruna1
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback will be definitely taking your suggestions. And yes I have thought as well that advertising partner products might not be a good look, but thanks again for the suggestions.

0 Likes
Miruna1
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback it is actually really helpful. I will be making some adjustments to my pages your suggestions are very helpful, thanks.

0 Likes