Feedback

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi there,

This is our site

https://sylviakerrjewellery.com/

This is my first inhouse build, its been a steep learning curve!

I can't see the wood for the trees now and would welcome any creative criticism.

Many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Congrats on getting your site this far. Great branding and logo so far.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would make the homepage shorter and make sure to keep in mind that most traffic will be on a mobile device

2. Add links to your footer for about us and FAQ. Also the fields on the contact us page don't contrast enough with the site itself. Make those easier to see

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

4. For collection pages, I would tweak the design so all the page text are not center aligned

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

4. Having the "Ask A Question" box on each product page is to much. Most people know to look in the footer of a site for contact link/details

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Duane,

Many thanks for your help, great feedback, we're on to it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 75 126

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store, and you've done some really great work. I have a couple of points of feedback based on my own experience of it:

1) There are quite a few popups early on, including your instant message prompt and newsletter signup. I would postpone and silence those. You don't want your customers to be bombarded when they are trying to browse your landing page. 

2) Testimonials are great, I would actually have them a little higher up your landing page if possible. 

You have done a tremendous job on your site, and it's very hard to critique it. I did a quick speed test to make sure it's loading fast enough from different IP addresses around the world, and it's performing fine being ranked at 76 (http://bit.ly/31aoDxX). You could ask your web developer to look into improving this, but only the very slowest connections would struggle to load your page promptly. 

What marketing strategy have you for the site? Have you an SEO strategy? Have you considered creating a blog section, to help improve your SEO, and you could use it to showcase new products, reviews, etc.?   

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1
Hi Cal,

Many thanks for taking the time to have a look.
Great feedback.

Many thanks for your kind comments, I have spent many hours on it!  

Re the pop ups, I hadn't considered that, we can easily change the timings of these move the testimonials further up the page.
Do you think the home page is too long?

The SEO, we are to concentrate on organic growth after a painful experience with paid SEO for our previous site.
We do have a Journal area which is our blog. 
I've just added a post and will be adding more regularly now the site is up and running nd I still have to spend som time adding more internal and external links.

0 Likes