Feedback

Highlighted
7 0 0

Good Morning everyone.

I've been getting a lot of traffic as well as way to many Abandon Checkouts, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong and how to get that traffic and abandon checkouts to sales.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @Danielemusu,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Abandoned checkouts are always likely to happen in some capacity, although of course you do want to minimize them as much as possible. Could you please share your store's URL with me here? I'll then be able to take a look and see if there's a clear reason why you might be receiving these abandoned checkouts.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Hi victor. Thank you for getting back. It’s www.olatigoods.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @Danielemusu,

Thank you for sharing your store with me here. I visited your site and proceeded through to the checkout to see if there was anything obvious that might be dissuading customers, but there was nothing obviously wrong or disruptive. I noticed that you offered free shipping to a US address, which is good as sometimes customers might be put off by a shipping charge being presented to them at checkout.

For countries outside of the United States, do you offer free shipping as well? Are there any paid shipping rates showing at checkout for international customers? From which countries are the customers from who are abandoning their checkouts?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Danielemusu 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

You might consider adding a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

You might consider adding a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

One thing to consider is adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0
Yes I do offer free worldwide shipping. Abandon carts range from
America,italy, South Africa, Portugal
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 45 132

Hi @Danielemusu,

Thank you for confirming that.

The advice @FFT_SMART has given is very helpful, and there can be a number of factors that influence abandoned carts vs. completed checkouts, and a customer's willingness to make a purchase. Adding reviews to your store helps provide social proof and legitimacy to your store, and I know on a personal level that I always check and read reviews prior to buying a product online for the first time. Additional content such as blog posts and testimonials also help with this legitimacy and help make the site look more professional, which is always a positive when it comes to turning traffic into conversions.

I'd also suggest checking out this blog: 10 Ways to Reduce Cart Abandonment and Recapture Customers for E-commerce Websites. It's from a third-party website but having read through it I believe there's lots of good advice in here, including guidance on simplifying the customer experience and how to build trust between your business and potential patrons.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes