Feedback

3 0 0

Hi all, I would like some feedback on my store   Softglowyskin.com

just started a FB campaign 2 days ago and getting alot of traffic some add to carts but no purchase.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
396 44 68

Hey, @Carlosfermin!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Firstly, congratulations on your store, you have done a great job. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment and where are you advertising? Is it only on Facebook? It is brilliant you are noticing traffic to your store and getting some add to carts, that means sales are definitely on their way! 

The first thing that I always look at with new stores are the product descriptions. While your products are well-curated and you have great step by steps on how to use the products, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I noticed that you have not got an 'About Us' page on your store. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! 

Your FAQ page is also quite short, I would add more questions to that if possible. Think about if you were ordering from a store and what you would like to know. We have an excellent blog post here on how to write an FAQ page and some examples of great ones so I would work on that a bit. 

I recommend that everyone uses a grammar program such as Grammarly so you will not miss out on small grammatical errors such as missed capitalization or spelling errors. It is great to see that you are writing a blog as it really does help with the SEO of your site and has great content marketing benefits. SEO can play a huge part in bringing in sales and potential customers. The key to SEO is understanding what your customers will be looking for and ensuring your site is set up to best manage the products and content they are seeking. They say 80% of SEO is content. Want to learn all about content marketing? You can take this free course from Hubspot and become certified! 

And the last bit of feedback I have is, It is great that you have your Facebook listed on your profile, however, I would recommend that you make sure the Shop tab is activated on your Facebook page. As the Shop section isn't appearing on your Facebook page, you will need to make sure that there are no errors on the Facebook Account page in Shopify, your Facebook page is published, and your Facebook page is using the Shopping template. You might need to enable the Shop section on Facebook.

Other than that, your store looks great and the products are sure to sell well. The reviews are great on each product and will really help build customers trust in your store. Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you need anything else at all as we are always here to help. We also have our Shopify Academy where we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
488 25 99

Hi @Carlosfermin 

Nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

Another thing you might want to add is a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

I wasn't able to find a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

One thing to consider is adding an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
3 0 0

Hi thank you for your feedback! will be taking care of all these recommendations asap!

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Softglowyskin,

Sales are the prime priority for the survival and success of any eCommerce store. Without it, an ecommerce store is meaningless. Advertising can help to gain conversions to some extent, but still, a lot more needs to be done. Some of my suggestions for this situation are:

1. Offering an incentive to click, offering an irresistible deal, improving product images are some of the smart methods to improve sales rate.
  2. Add some more social connectivity to your store.
  3. Offer some discounts for better customer-centricity.
  4. Add some product description apart from images for better understanding.
  5. I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope the suggestions work out in your case.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes