Feedback

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 1
Hi, I need feedback about my store. Thanks a lot in advanced. Www.petsparadiseboutique.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 29 116

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Famzil20!

I love the look of your store - you have a lot of details already set, and I love that. 

A few things I’ve found right off the bat:

• Make sure your social links in the footer open to a new tab
  • Some of the grammar needs to be updated, especially if you’re going to be selling luxury items. 
  • Changing the translation of the page isn’t working
  • Make sure your email address is linked (i.e., on the Return Policy page)

First impression of the homepage
While I like that you have a CTA on your header image, I wasn’t prepared for it to take me to the Top 10 Goods. Have you ever used session recordings? They act like a DVR for your website, showing you everything that happened on someone’s visit to your store. 

I suggest using session recordings to see how people navigate from your homepage. If they click on that CTA and go to the Top 10 Goods, so they click around on that page or head to a different collection?

Additionally, heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll) will help you see where people are clicking on your homepage or if they are even scrolling through. It can also help you evaluate your menu bar and consider moving some options, such as About Us and Contact Us, to the footer instead. 

Navigation/Product Page
I have two big recommendations:

1. Hide the pages without products in them at this time. OR run a poll asking if they would like to be emailed when this collection is available. Something has to give though.
  2. Separate your products by species. I like that you have a Top 10 Goods collection, but it doesn’t help me as a customer find things for my dog. Make it easier for them to find the goods for their animals.

I’m also confused by your collections page. It has two collections that are coming soon, but the other two seem to be repeated. Top 10 Goods is pretty self-explanatory. What are the Top Trendy Goods for 2020? That one feels less like a collection and more like a blog post.

Use session recordings again to see how people are navigating through your website. Test to see if organizing the collections differently will help people find just what they are looking for. 

On the product pages, like your custom collar, I ran into a few issues: 

• The color options were confusing the number included. Can you show a chart and use different names for the colors? 
  • Emojis are great, but test to see if it’s more effective without them on the product name and description. 
  • What is the anti-lost function? A little bit more detail is needed here. 
  • Don’t forget about adding shipping cost information or at what point they can get free shipping. 
  • In the US currency, there’s a period instead of a comma to separate the dollars from the cents. So instead of $14,00 it would be $14.00. 
  • Make sure it’s obvious what currency it’s in. Is this the US dollar? The Australian dollar? The Canadian dollar? 

Double check your “You may also like these goods” cross-selling. I don’t think it’s working well. I was looking at a dog collar and of the four options, two were for cats. It goes without saying that I’m probably not interested in cat items right now if I’m looking at a collar specifically for dogs. 

Engage with your customers
When someone runs an issue on your site or has a question about a product, right now they have one option: the contact forms. That means they have to send in a question and wait for an answer, which means they’ll likely be leaving your store.

Live chat keeps them on your site and gets them answers to their questions quickly. If they want to know when someone will be back in stock, you can not only give them an answer quickly but also show them similar products.

In the end, it’s all going to come down to using customer behavior to find what you’re missing or need to change. It’s using their experience and feedback to generate improvements that grow your business. Lucky Orange has chat, polls, heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Good luck! I can’t wait to see how your store grows.

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1

Thanks a lot for all the given details. I needed really an external eye. I learnt a lot from you and I'll start applying to recommendations.

Have a nice day ^^

Thanks a lot!

@LuckyDanny wrote:

Hi Famzil20!

I love the look of your store - you have a lot of details already set, and I love that. 

• Some of the grammar needs to be updated, especially if you’re going to be selling luxury items. 

While I like that you have a CTA on your header image, I wasn’t prepared for it to take me to the Top 10 Goods. Have you ever used session recordings? They act like a DVR for your website, showing you everything that happened on someone’s visit to your store. 

I suggest using session recordings to see how people navigate from your homepage. If they click on that CTA and go to the Top 10 Goods, so they click around on that page or head to a different collection?

Additionally, heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll) will help you see where people are clicking on your homepage or if they are even scrolling through. It can also help you evaluate your menu bar and consider moving some options, such as About Us and Contact Us, to the footer instead. 

Navigation/Product Page

1. Hide the pages without products in them at this time. OR run a poll asking if they would like to be emailed when this collection is available. Something has to give though.
  2. Separate your products by species. I like that you have a Top 10 Goods collection, but it doesn’t help me as a customer find things for my dog. Make it easier for them to find the goods for their animals.

I’m also confused by your collections page. It has two collections that are coming soon, but the other two seem to be repeated. Top 10 Goods is pretty self-explanatory. What are the Top Trendy Goods for 2020? That one feels less like a collection and more like a blog post.

Use session recordings again to see how people are navigating through your website. Test to see if organizing the collections differently will help people find just what they are looking for. 

• The color options were confusing the number included. Can you show a chart and use different names for the colors? 
  • Emojis are great, but test to see if it’s more effective without them on the product name and description. 
  • Don’t forget about adding shipping cost information or at what point they can get free shipping. 
  • In the US currency, there’s a period instead of a comma to separate the dollars from the cents. So instead of $14,00 it would be $14.00. 
  • Make sure it’s obvious what currency it’s in. Is this the US dollar? The Australian dollar? The Canadian dollar? 

Double check your “You may also like these goods” cross-selling. I don’t think it’s working well. I was looking at a dog collar and of the four options, two were for cats. It goes without saying that I’m probably not interested in cat items right now if I’m looking at a collar specifically for dogs. 

When someone runs an issue on your site or has a question about a product, right now they have one option: the contact forms. That means they have to send in a question and wait for an answer, which means they’ll likely be leaving your store.

Live chat keeps them on your site and gets them answers to their questions quickly. If they want to know when someone will be back in stock, you can not only give them an answer quickly but also show them similar products.

In the end, it’s all going to come down to using customer behavior to find what you’re missing or need to change. It’s using their experience and feedback to generate improvements that grow your business. Lucky Orange has chat, polls, heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Cheers -

Danny

@LuckyDanny wrote:

Hi Famzil20!

Navigation/Product Page

Cheers -

Danny

@LuckyDanny wrote:

Hi Famzil20!

Navigation/Product Page

Cheers -

Danny

0 Likes