Feedback?

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 4

Hey guys.

I am working on a shop to sell accessories my sister and I will be making.

I was hoping to gain some insight and hopefully some feedback on things I could improve and areas I should focus on as I work on building the style and the store.

The current products are placeholder. For now, my focus is the style and appearance of the store.

Thank you for any insight!

http://abledoggy.com

password: dog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

AbleDoggy,

Congratulations on building your store! After taking a quick peek, here are some things that come to mind:

• Logo - very creative and memorable
  • Dialogue - love the informal tone you're using on the store (ex. "Get Your Paws Dirty" link)
  • Product Photos - test product photos are very clean and professional so I assume the real products will be as well
  • Footer Layout - might want to change this up a bit as it's quite large on desktop and looks somewhat bland
  • Footer Pages - while not style or appearance focused, you should include some other pages in your footer such as About Us, Shipping policy, etc.

Overall, I think you're off to the right track as the site is very clean and professional.

Good luck!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 4

Thank you! I really appreciate the time you took out of your day to do that for me.
I agree, the footer could probably be tightened up a bit. I'll see what I can do there.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's hard to judge a store without all the product and SKUs in there because that is part of your branding and design. The bandanas are cute and if that is the design theme you'll have for the rest of your products. Then you are headed in the right direction. I would make sure the rest of your site has a fun and carefree design. Here are some things to consider for your product pages...

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together

6. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 4

Thank you!!

I'll take what you've said into consideration. Definitely considering a reviews section - my only fear is leaving them empty at first, but I suppose we all need to start somewhere.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @AbleDoggy 

Since your site is not completed yet, I will not be able to give a full feedback, but I will try my best. You must have created a proper business plan, because you already have a logo, unique name and know how to position your brand on the market. That is half-way done :) 

The approach you have chosen for the site is very sleek yet fun. I think that it is very appropriate for pet related store. 

Here are a couple of things for you to consider

-The placeholder of the images on the product page is too small, I recommend making them larger and enable the function of zooming in

-Add a function for reviews to create more UCG 

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

-Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

For both of the functions, I would like to offer you Growave. It is great for your site because it combines 6 functions within, providing a smooth user experience. Besides, we are having a discount at the moment, to support merchants during the COVID. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like