Hey there jdbosques,
Hope you're doing well and safe.
Congratulations on your store. I must say the designing and the layout of your store as well as the products look really great. You have truly done a great job of creating your store, kudos on that.
I love how easy it is to navigate through your store and I have to say you are definitely headed in the right direction design wise. With a few tweaks and turns you'll be able to achieve your desired destination in no time.
I have a few recommendations for you, I hope my insights will be of help to you.
1. Hero images: Stick to one rather than the rotating carousel. It’s going by so fast that if I think I may be interested, it’s gone. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.
2. Header - Have a sticky header and a clear search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Write beautiful copy like you would see in a magazine that is trying to sell you a product.
4. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose - Superbar
5. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
6. Footer details - For better SEO purposes, Terms and Conditions like "Refund, Shipping and Terms Of Service" page should be added to the site footer.
7. You must use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.
8. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful.
Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Pay attention to the below listed points for a more better and professional store look:
Best of luck for your coming store journey!
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is awesome! I have a few questions about some of your tips:
1. I have two kinds of products in my store (mandalas -similar to tapestries-) and microfiber towels. Should I put two slides (one for each kind of product) or just one slide for one collection? What do you think?
7. In my kind of store, people will want instant replies, in seconds. However, I do not think we are able to respond so quickly (even though we usually respond in less than 15 minutes). Is the Live Chat a good idea for our kind of store?
Hi Neha. I hope everything is going great!
I have been looking for using filters but we do not have a high budget right now because of COVID-19. Do you know any app with a free plan? Because I think that one does not have a free plan.
Thank you for your feedback. It was so helpful.
Have a great day.
Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.
Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:
I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!
Pleasure is mine! Happy to help you. Regarding your query, the Sparq app doen't has a free plan, but, has a 14 day free trial in which you can experience the usefulness of the app and then decide accordingly. For more details,you can visit https://www.sparq.ai/pricing.