Feedback

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello!! 
my name is LaShanda. I just started an online store for hand bags! I am looking for feed back as far as what could be added to be useful. Design wise. Price wise just everything. 
avellecollection.com 

Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hey there, @AvelleC20

Welcome to Shopify, LaShanda! I’m excited to see how you grow your business! You’ve come to the right place for feedback.

Let’s jump right in:

Homepage

• Add a favicon! 
  • Instead of featuring the name of your business in text, use your logo. I see that you have a great logo that’s being used as a hero image. Instead, move it to that top, left hand corner.
  • Hero image: Let’s talk hero images for a moment. This isn’t a bad message to have, but it shouldn’t be on your hero image. A hero image should display your products and have an inviting message/call to action button that links to your products. If this is the first time someone sees your website, they aren’t thinking of supporting your small business. They want to browse your products.
  • Collections: Think of your products as collections instead of one mass of products. If you’re looking in the store for a new purchase, what would you be looking for? Size? Material? Style? Separate them into collections and then feature the collections below the hero image.
  • Overall: Use heatmaps to see where people click and how they scroll. What information do they see or aren’t seeing? Where do they click or not click? 
  • For example, your pre-order buttons on your homepage are very hard to see. If people aren’t seeing it, are they even clicking on the image? Since the images aren’t linked, that may be a missed conversion opportunity.

Footer: Make sure you have the standard pages - Privacy Policy, Shipping Policy, Refund Policy, Terms of Service, About Us and Contact US. For the newsletter form, add some value to it. Do they get a discount off their purchase? Give them a reason to sign up. 

Navigation: I like that your main navigation is overloaded, but this would be a great time to highlight your collections. So you could do something like Home | Shop All | Shop by Style | Shop by Color | Shop by Material. Whatever you pick, this would be a chance for your visitors to pick out what they’re looking for without having to sort through everything.

Session recordings act like a DVR for your website, and they would help you see how visitors navigate through your store. 

Collection Page: In this case, I just went to all of your products. The one thing you really need here are filters. Let people filter by colors, materials, cost, ratings, etc. Help them find their products. 

Product Page: For reference, I’m on the Brandi purse. 

• Make sure your buttons are visible. Right now, I can’t see them well. I would make the outline and font color yellow to stand out a bit more.
  • Add in shipping information here. Don’t leave it to checkout - customers hate surprises like that.
  • Create an awesome description here! Help people visualize the product and want it. Include materials, purse dimensions, strap length, and general care.
  • If you can, show how much can fit into each purse to highlight the size. The more details people have, the less likely you’ll have to deal with returns.
  • Don’t forget about reviews! Though your store has just launched, make sure there’s an option for reviews. Add a review invitation in your post-purchase confirmation emails. 

I can’t reiterate enough that you have so much good going on here. All of that hard work you’ve put into this has paid off, and you should be proud of how it looks. It can only get better from here, and visitor behavior can help you do that. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps, LaShanda! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi 

1. About your homepage

• Add more promotion (try to highlight it and include CTA button)
  • Add more languages and currency to serve more worldwide customers
  • Highlight Cart button
  • Add About Us, Contact US, Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, Shipping Policy and Refund Policy

2. About Checkout and Payment page

• Add more payment information including email, address, shipping fee (high/low/free), etc. and diversify them
  • Diversify Thank you note, send email/make a call to notify and give them thanks

3. About Blog page and SEO

• Add a blog page that helps you share more about your products and increase your site visibility
  • Add SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description to be higher rank on Google Search

4. About your conversion rate

I hope this is helpful.

Actionable Analytics & Promotion - https://ecomfit.com/
0 Likes