Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate any feedback on my store www.belleandbirdie.com. Launched 2 weeks ago and no sales yet. I'm totally now to this so any help would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Belle & Birdie
Congratulations for your store!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.
Hi @belleandbirdie ,
It’s PageFly – a Shopify Page Builder here and after browsing through your store, I’d like to share some thoughts, and hopefully, they can help you in boosting your sales. The holiday season is coming so make sure you don’t miss out any tactics to build a high-converting landing page in this season
1. I like the overall feel of the store, it’s simple, yet delivers a very welcoming, baby-friendly vibe. However, I suggest using different color and styling of the slide.
It looks a bit outdated and inconsistent with the whole website to use navigation for the slide like that. There are themes which allows you to style the slide, or a page builder will do. And also you can use background with blank space just for texts, so that you won’t have to worry about image with text overlay.
2. You can consider using product images with same sizes. This will create a neat and organized layout for your website.
3. The product thumbnail is not currently reflecting all angles of the product. For example:
I can see that you are having your product very nicely laid out, but just by looking at it, I cannot visualize how big or how deep is it. You can add secondary hover image which display the product when showed from front angle. And it’s always good to have your product displayed in scale so that customer and understand it better.
4. Add more CTA. It does not need to be everywhere, but having it strategically set up can be a huge encouragement to your customer’s decision-making.
I believe you must have invested a lot of time and effort into this to make it work. You can check out some page builder like PageFly with built-in conversion-rate-optimization elements which helps you boost your sales even more. Good luck!
Hey @belleandbirdie, I hope you are doing fine!
Congratulations on your store!
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Tira here, from Shopify.
Welcome and congrats on launching your store. Thank you @MS-WEB-DESIGNER and @PageFly for sharing your feedback. I wanted to join the conversation and add some of my thoughts to help. Thanks for sharing your store URL. I appreciate it.
I took a look at your store and I love how you have product descriptions that walk me through how your products work, as if I was using the product myself. As you are selling toys, I think it would be a good idea to include a product video on your product page. Product videos help to demonstrate how your product works to help customers understand them better, and can increase conversions on your store.
Our blog post, How to Use Video to Increase Conversions and Sales in Your Ecommerce Business covers the importance of video with Google rankings, share-ability, how they captivate your audience, and how they can convey information quickly. There are also some great examples of stores already using video (I think VAT19’s at the lower part of the page, would work with your store's niche) and the product strategies behind them, as well as some tips on how you can start adding video to your product pages.
I also took a look at your About Us page, and I think you’re off to a good start. I would love to see the face(s) behind your brand, where you source your materials for your products (for example, are they from a certain community, or location?) and any press, testimonials or awards you’ve received for your business or more information leading up to your business idea. You can find some tips to write these out and some examples of About Us pages to inspire you here: The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).
I’d love to hear if this was helpful!
Hi @belleandbirdie !
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hello @belleandbirdie, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- Add trending products, new arrivals on the homepage.
- You can add Instagram Feed on the homepage.
- Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.