Feedbackon Store please, no sales

michellesother
Tourist
4 0 0

I started my store, www.michellesothercloset.com and have a good amount of traffic but no sales. A few have put items in their cart but still no sales. I have read the forums and tried everything suggested (yes, even played with the background colors). I have hotjar, kit, etc. I am on all social media like Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, Pinit, etc. I see customers in my store and most will scroll the 1st page and nothing more. Can you please provide any feedback to help me understand what I may be doing wrong?

0 Likes

Hello Michelle, I visited your store and observed a few interesting things

michelles closet.png+

1. visiting your site for the first time, I am welcomed with this portion of your page. On this portion of your page, you  see the banner {Michelle's other closet} ----> the contrast between the text and the background, the color of the hair interferes with some of the text on the banner.
  2. Right beneath the banner there is a showcase of certain products from your store named featured collection. This limits the quick sale of choice to the store visitor. What you should rather do is to move up the list of collections section (shown below) so that at the outset the store visitor sees the different array of product available to him/her
  3. michelles closet 3.png

You would also do well to open up your store to more channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp and E-mail to engage your customers. So that your potential customers do not necessarily need to be on the web to reach but can reach you via these various  social networks

get social network links at the base of your pageget social network links at the base of your page

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.

Hi @michellesother,

I just had a look at your website. Good work! below are some of my thoughts:

I would suggest to check your check out process. Is there any hurdles? I would recommend  to make the checkout process as simple as possible for your shoppers.

Homepage: I like your homepage but it could be better.  Homepage design guides visitors around the website so content should be strategically decided. Instead of naming homepage sections as featured product in every part. You can add section such as ‘New arrivals’, ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘offers & discount banners’ to engage new customers. Also add favicon on your store.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 30%. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

2aa945fc-ea81-4037-bbed-834eee5867a7.png

Product Page: Product description formatting is a bit messed up. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information.Organize the collection of your product images. Insert images into carousels.

Write a review - This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add write a review section on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Facebook or Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion faster and grow your business with the help of Ads.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

These tweaks can really benefit your store! I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank You! 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes

Hi Michelle, if you like this response, I'll be glad if you could mark it as an accepted solution.

You can also improve your sales and understanding how your users behave on your products you can try out our product - Rendezvous Recommendation : It is a social recommendations app that helps your store visitors seek the opinions of their trusted connections. This means that your store visitors are more likely to convert into actual shoppers who buy from your store.

Social Recommendations have been known to convert better than an ad. The Industry average click-through rate (CTR) for ads in 1.9%. 1 in every 50 visitors converts to the desired action. Rendezvous Recommendations in 2019, converted 21% (1 in every 5 persons) to the desired action of clicking to buy the product in store.

Merchant Dashboard, AnalyticsMerchant Dashboard, Analytics

As a merchant, you’ll be able to convert more of your store visitors into paid customers by offering them relevant recommendations using our AI recommendations engine. Our AI shopping assistant helps store visitors to discover, share, and get relevant options on items to buy in your store. You get instant revenue boost, recurring sales and store growth when you offer trusted social recommendations to customers.

You can customize your Rendezvous widget to match the theme, color, and style of your store - and it won’t reduce your page load speed. 

You can also connect your store to Messenger to target your customers and sell more. 

Do install the Rendezvous Social Recommendations App and let me know your thoughts on it.

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
0 Likes

Hello @michellesother ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon.
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Vignesh96
Shopify Partner
112 12 18

Hey @michellesother,

I can see based on the previous comments that you have changed your website quite a bit. It looks great! A few things you could look at, 

1. Try to keep all images of the same size, it makes the website look a lot more cleaner and more appealing.
2. Add a favicon. Add a favicon to your website, it's the small icon on which is seen on your browser tab.

I am hoping your sales have picked up since then. If you are still facing issue,
1. Try hiring a marketing person to run ads and drive traffic to your website.
2. Try reducing the number of products and categories on your webiste and running targeted ad campaigns
3. You can send out abandoned cart emails with dicsount codes to bring back lost cusotmers.
4. Use exit-intent popups from apps like GetSiteControl to get feedback or provide offers to users who are about to leave.

You can also check out the app I recently launched. You can use labels such as trending, bestseller, sale, new, etc on your product images using this app. Labels would help you highlight your products using social proofing, trust & urgency, and let your customers choose quicker. Assisting users decision making can lead to more conversions and increased sales.
Click this link to download the app: https://bit.ly/36ly69H

I hope the above points can help you. Cheers, and wish you all the best :)

Vignesh
ModeMagic

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store
0 Likes