Hello everyone. i've had the shop open a couple of months and i try to market it through facebook instagram pinterest etc. While on ads i do get traffic but still no sales.while i post on instagram for example with ads to drive traffic to my site it goes either way.People come but wont buy or just liking my instagram posts. I found pinterest a huge help regarding traffic but even then i dont get any sales.i've made two sales and those where from friends.i'm starting to lose hope.I think i got the SEO down correctly,try to post everyday ,import products everyday and I'm part of certain FB groups on my niche but still i get like 20 to 30 customers a day and that's if i try really hard with ads and active posting.
Thank you for reading
Hey The Pinterlude,
Keep the below listed points in mind for better store optimization:
All the best!
What's your engagement like throughout the site? Are people browsing much beyond the home page?
The bit of your homepage that's above the fold (the bit you see without scrolling) doesn't have as much impact as it could - there's a lot of white space which can look amazing from a design point of view and is important, but when you've literally got maybe a few sections to grab people's attention, I think it needs a bit more punch.
Maybe some stronger images, or pictures of you/your team making them i some really nice photography. Who's your market?
Also, what's your USP? Whatever it is, get it on the homepage! Do you have a slogan or tag to summarise it? If not, can you make one and see how that performs?
Your "turn that frown upside down" is nice but why is it in the top right? It's the sort of thing people could remember and associate with your brand but it's not in a place where my eye would be drawn to as it's in the corner.
well i dont have many products to be honest. most time people spend in the shop is about 2 minutes and mostly since I post products as ads the customers view this product and some similar and then leave.The design was meant to be minimalistic. i tried using hero banners and such but I didn't like them so I decided to use something simple and easy to use.My usp is affordable high quality products that bring a bit of sunshine to your life! something like that! The moto is there since that's the default location on the theme. I'm using the simple theme although I do have more already designed but they feel overwhelming plus this theme displayed well on mobile phones.Its my first e-commerce website and frankly I have no experience
I looked through your website. It looks good overall. Congratulations on that! I do have several suggestions that may potentially improve your websites.
I am here in Australia. When I visit your website, the prices of products are all listed in euros. The foreign currency display is not user friendly. Is that possible you could adjust the currency display based on visitors' locations? I see your FAQ sections, you do intent to sell your products internationally, correct? You can potentially use Geo Targetly, and its Geo Redirect tool. When a currency is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, for example, www.exampleshop.com?cur=USD, or www.exampleshop.com?cur=AUD.
While you do campaigns on Facebook/instgram/pinterest and generate traffic, the visitors could come from different regions all over the world. You could also potentially generate a short URL link that redirect visitors to specific regional links based on your visitors' locations, displaying local currency, languages etc. It could engage your visitors efficiently and improve customer conversion rates. If you are interested, you could check https://geotargetly.com/geo-link
Here are couple tips may help you improve customer conversion rates. Hope it helps!
Hello @ThePinterlude ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hi @ThePinterlude !
Congrats on your store! It is very good, that what you are selling, is something unique and you do not meet it so often on Shopify platform.
However, your shop requires a lot of work that needs to be done.
First thing, I advise you to change the theme and layout - your site looks unprofessional and there are a lot of plain white colors. I recommend adding dynamics - colors. Your homepage should be more eye-catchy.
To enhance the functionality of website, I recommend to add following:
1. Reviews - 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
2.Wishlist - Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
3. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
it is important to implement several features and use just ONE APP - so the speed of the site will not be low. Therefore, I recommend to you - try Growave. We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
The @ThePinterlude welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The website layout is off and needs attention starting off with a good attractive logo and which is scaled properly followed by the header menu which comprises of Home, Pins, etc.
2. Sliding banner images can be used and the content can be followed by the banner image which has to use according to the theme. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%.
3. About Us and Contact Us can be added to the header section by adding this you can create an impression among your clients why your brand is unique from other brands in the market.
4. Attach Social media accounts to the footer menu as digital media is the new norm this will help you in brand promotion and will help you to reach the audience in masses.
5. Engaging the audience by writing a blog with good titles and promoting it on different social media platforms will make the clients think that you are the most knowledgeable one and will look up to you for further information.
6. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand. Also, the addition of the most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
7. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
8. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
9. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
(Attaching one of your product image as a reference)
I hope this helps! Goodluck