Finally Getting Sales! Now How To Increase Conversions?

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 3

My store is finally getting sales!!!! Can I get some suggestions on how to increase my conversions? 

Would love any feedback I can get, always trying to improve.

Here is the landing page: https://customizeyournecklace.com/products/personalized-gold-plated-name-pendant-necklace

Thanks again, everyone! 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 24 241

Hey, @ConsumerProduct!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

I'm not sure how much traffic you're driving to your store and what your expectations are with regards to your conversion rate. Typically, if you have less than 1000 visitors in a month, you should be working on driving more traffic. A good conversion rate for a new store is around 2 - 4 % so that would be between 20 and 40 orders if you have 1000 visitors.

When your conversion rate is lower than 2%, you should be looking to establish if you're not targeting the right people or if it's something to do with the shopping experience itself. Since I don't know how you're targeting your customers, I will focus on your store for now.

The $50 price tag seems a bit high to me since the necklace is gold plated. $25 seems more realistic. The way the pricing is set up could be affecting sales so it may be worth experimenting with that.

When I think about websites selling name necklaces, Tatty Devine is the first one that springs to mind. They have a product customizer on the page with a mock-up generator so I can see what my own name will look like in the different fonts and colours. It gives me a better idea of what my purchase will look like. It's hard to judge when I can only see necklaces in someone else's name. You may be able to use the MyCustomizer app to achieve a similar effect or you can hire a Shopify Expert.

I should be able to get a feel for your brand's personality when I visit your site. At the moment, it isn't that memorable so I might forget to return. Keep in mind, most people don't make a purchase on their first visit, you want them to come back to increase your chances of converting them. An About Us page can help bring your brand alive.

Make sure you also have Social Media pages set up for your store. You want people to follow you on there as well as join your email list so you can easily re-target them without the need for as many ads. You can link your Social Media pages to your footer by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media.

To learn how to increase your traffic, check out the free courses on Shopify Compass. We have two courses on Facebook Ads to help you optimize your ad dollars. We also have courses on email marketing, Instagram Marketing and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which are all cost-effective methods. Email marketing is still the most effective method but you will, of course, have to build your list first.

Since you're offering free shipping, it would be a good idea to make it clear if it is worldwide or if it's just certain countries.

If you're still having issues with your conversion rate after making some adjustments, the Lucky Orange app can help you figure out the reason for abandoned carts.

Let me know how you get on.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
247 9 73

We meet again @ConsumerProduct  ! I remember you wanted store review and now you're looking for conversion ideas. Well, that's a very nice pace! Hope to see more of it. Here is what you can do to make sure that you're focusing towards conversions - 

1. Retarget and remarket - Run your ads with an aim to call back customers who visited your store but they never ordered. Just like Amazon does it through retargeting, try and come up with the same plan and I'm sure a chunk of visitors will return, and out of them, some will definitely get converted! 

2. Make your email campaign strong! Maybe they forgot to come back? Maybe they are seeking surety? Maybe they are waiting for a price drop? 

3. Have social proof and sharing option! This adds authenticity. 

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce enthusiasts with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customization; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy!

For your convenience, we have broken down a seller's journey to Shopify store set-up into 3 simple stages - so that you know at which stage you're in and what all needs to be done! 

Ps. I'm just a message away! 

All the best for your eCommerce journey! .-. 

Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 2

One of the best things you can do to increase your conversion rate is make sure your customers have good experiences. We covered them all in this blog post  about nailing customer support. Here are some key stats from the post.

• Not making them wait to get a response
  • Supporting them where they are (don't make them email you if they prefer to text)
  • Giving them accurate information
  • Not messing up obvious things (like their name)

Also - don't be afraid to scale once you're driving traffic from one source. Conversion rates tend to max out and become harder and harder to increase.

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 3

Thanks for this reply and all of the others you have provided along my journey of creating this store. You have offered a lot of helpful advice and it is greatly appreciated. 

I plan to run a retargeting campaign soon and will update everybody with the results! 

I have been sending out emails at regular intervals: 1 hour, 24 hours, and 48 hours.

As for social proof, I am unable to make a Facebook store page for this for some reason, still haven't figured that issue out yet...

Maybe I will try Tumblr, Tik Tok influencers, Snapchat Influencers, or Pinterest. 

I've also made some changes to my store based on the other replies to this thread.

Thanks again and glad to see you helping so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi 

1. Include the feature of multi-language and multi currency to better serve worldwide customers
  2. Add more shipping and payment information including email, address, shipping fee (high/low/free), etc. and diversify them
  3. Diversify Thank you note, send email/make a call to nofify and give them thanks
  4. Install a push notification app that helps you recover abandoned carts and improve conversion rate. A good push notification app helps you send messages to people who viewed your items or add items to cart but not make purchases, then they will be motivated to come back to buy your products. A good app is Ecomfit (For more about push notification app, you may visit here https://ecomfit.com/blog/push-notification-service-essential-for-ecommerce-business/ and follow these steps https://ecomfit.com/blog/3-simple-steps-to-use-web-push-notifications-ecomfit-com/ ).

Anyway, you have done a good job with your store. Try to increase conversion rate with my suggestions!

I hope this helps.

Actionable Analytics & Promotion - https://ecomfit.com/
Highlighted
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hello @ConsumerProduct 

I am glad to hear that you are finally getting sales!

Now to increase conversion, one of the most effective methods I would suggest is retargeting campaign. 

Retargeting campaigns are used to remind customers of the products they are interested in or were put into the cart after they leave the website with very kinds of creatives. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.

Hope this helps you! All the best!

Irene

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 24 241

A retargeting campaign is a smart move. 

What sort of problems are you having creating a Facebook Business page?

How many people do you have on your email list?

I love this blog post about amassing an army of micro-influencers. They used Instagram but you could apply the same principle to Tik Tok, Snapchat or whatever works for your business.

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 3

Facebook seems to have disabled my account and me from posting my store link for no reason. Still waiting to hear back from them if I ever do.

Our email list is still growing which is why I mostly running Prospecting Ads on Snapchat. I recently began my first Retargeting campaign but have not seen results from it yet.

I am, though, running retargeting email campaigns to gain back customers that abandoned their carts.

I will check out that blog post because I am sure that the same information is applicable to Snapchat, thank you!!!!

I will continue to update everyone on this forum with my journey. 

Wishing you all the best and hope everybody is staying safe!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 24 241

That sounds frustrating. I hope Facebook sorts that out for you soon. 

Definitely do the Email Marketing course on Shopify Compass I mentioned. It's one of the best time investments you can make because reaching your customer's inbox has a better effect than ads they see in passing and it's more cost-effective to implement. Giving away something for free is the easiest way to collect email addresses, normally a digital download of some sort.