First Time Shop Owner - Would Love Some Feedback ♥

Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

Hello! I'd love some feedback on my new store:

https://www.alphabetterrific.com/

I have more products to add, but I thought it would make sense to ask for feedback first in case I needed to make any big changes. The only sales I've managed to make so far have been to friends, and I'd really like to figure out how to get strangers to purchase something lol!

I appreciate your help!! Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Manda

Beautiful store with tons of design elements... the pops of colour and the fresh 80s vibe is awesome. You have done a great job to get to this point. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels and sliders have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it just showing off your product but does not say much about you or the brand

3. Make your contact form easier to find ...don't make someone have to do 2 or 3 clicks to find it

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Unicorn Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 3

Really nice work on the design and cute products 😊 

Keep doing what you're doing! Add more products and you should do well. 

One tip I have is to offer some sort of discount or promotion. Often times customers need a gentle nudge to get them in the right frame of mind. Discounts are great for this. Personally, I'm much more inclined to buy if I feel like I'm getting a deal. Have you looked into Shopify's announcement banners? For example, you could have a banner that offers 10% off for purchases over $30.

I hope that helps!  

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io
Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Theme?
Check out Theme Scheduler Pro
1 Like
Excursionist
11 1 2

Thanks so much for your thoughtful recommendations!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

Alex a promotion/discount is a great idea! I'll definitely do that for my grand opening! Thanks!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2
Your items are VERY cute! My daughters would definitely love these.

I think you can change the text on the landing page to quickly sell and hook customers.

Instead of check back soon...tell me those details that make you different. Custom. Personalized. Acid-free etc.

The coupon is fine at the top but hook me first.

Also, I don't understand the alligator. Is that the logo? It appears no where else. So maybe make that logo more connected to product and shopper.

Good luck! It's super cute!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

Thanks so much!!

Great idea -- I think I was worried about the fact that there aren't more products so I used the "check back soon" but I totally see your point -- that there are much better selling points to take up that space. LOL - the alligator IS my logo and the company mascot. He's on everything -- business cards, thank you cards, social media, etc. -- but your comments really make me think I should make better use of him -- I think I'll add him to the About page as a start :)

Thanks so much for the kind words and helpful comments.

Not sure you will see this, but I'm super curious, what would take you from being someone who says "My daughters would love these" to actually making a purchase for your daughters? Was there anything specific that you think would keep someone like yourself from buying something?

Thanks again!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1445 89 307

Hey Alphabetterrific,

The footer needs some modification. All footer links need to be placed vertically for better alignment and orientation. Newsletter should be placed to the right of footer for a more systematic look. Some other suggestions for store improvement are as follows:

1. Bestsellers need to be added apart from different product categories, in order to depict site peculiarity.
  2. Proper discounts need to be offered for better customer engagement.
  3. All discounted products need to be kept under a seperate "Sale" section.
  4. Use a single newsletter for updates on discounts, promotions etc instead of two which sounds quite illogical.
  5. Testimonials need to be added for better brand promotion.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq
    ’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope store optimization results in ample sales this time.

Neha ;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
961 46 136

Hey @new_shop_owner  

You have a cute store and is very captivating. I loved the products. To get more sales, you need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You should focus on marketing strategies. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. This will help you to boost sales. Add loyalty and reward program to increase conversion rate. Add a referral program. 

You can install this all in one Shopify app to implement all these functions in your store. AiTrillion.com

It has all the features in a single app. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

I am just not actively shopping for room decor. It would fit what I was looking for, but just not shopping : ). Also, price. If I have six letters in my kid's name, that's pricey.  Just as an FYI.

1 Like