First ecommerce store

Tourist
9 0 1
Hello everyone,

I just launched my first webshop and i would like to receive some tips and feedback.
This is my website: https://dutchcom.myshopify.com

This is my first time setting up a website and i am struggling to getting any new customers.
I tried promoting my website on Facebook/Instagram but my website link keeps getting blocked, it would say it is againt Facebook's regulations..
I feel like without a clickable link on my page/posts it will be nearly impossible to reach anyone.
Somebody has the same problem?
Or someone might got some tips?

Thanks a lot for all the effort,
Hope you all have a nice day
Dave
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 75 149

Hey there, @Dave0295 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Well done on launching this store, I understand that it is difficult to get this done and a lot of hard work goes into this. Let's take a look at your store to see how we can make some improvements. 

So taking a look at your collection of products it does seem a bit random. You do not have that many products currently and the ones that you do have do not seem to go together. When you have a smaller collection of products you are best off keeping it as niche as possible. As it stands - if someone were to come to your store, the odds that they would find something that they actually want to buy is slim - whereas, if your products were similar in nature, customers that came to your store from an ad that you were running will see more of what they are looking for as opposed to stuff that looks randomly put together. I would recommend reading our blog "What is a Niche Market?" and our guide on choosing a niche and finding products here.

It may not seem it but product descriptions are massively important.  When it comes to online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically. 

I noticed that you have an About Us page, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

I would recommend that you purchase a personal domain. A domain name gives your business credibility and tells customers you're here to stay. Having a domain name related to your industry can help you rank higher for similar keywords. Not to mention, a unique domain name makes it easier for customers to remember you and find your business later. You can read up on buying a domain here.

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I can see that you have your contact information listed on your footer. This is easily accessible which is super important, however, I would also consider adding a contact form to the page. This is simply because people can be lazy, to be honest. Instead of copying the email and logging in to their email provider, a lot of users would rather just fill out a form right there on the page. You can find out how to do this here.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have in an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. So, I would recommend installing AliReviews for your reviews also.  AliReviews imports genuine reviews from AliExpress to display on your product page. 

I also wanted to share some resources on helping your customers find your page:

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
442 19 51

Hey, for getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on the customer engagement and retention. You can entice your customers by giving loyalty and reward points on activities like on daily visits, when they sign up, allowing for push notifications, leaving a review, on making a purchase and many more. You should start using customer timeline feature to track customer journey right from the sign up till each and every activity like when the customer has last visited your store, Email opened, push received, products purchased, etc. This will help you to take action by knowing their behavior accordingly. You can add web push notifications, it will help in retargeting your customers. 

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

The referral program is very helpful when it comes to good word of mouth and brand awareness. It is one of the successful marketing strategies.

You can engage your visitors by adding web push notifications which will help you in retargeting your customers. They are clickable rich content messages sent to your device by a website or a web app. It can be delivered to your device, mobile or desktop, even when the user is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications include browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content and more.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1
Hey there Bo,

Those are some really good tips i wouldn't come up with myself.
I am grateful for it.
I will look into all the things that you have said and try improving my website as best as i can.
If i have any further questions i'll let you know if that ain't too much to ask.

Thanks a lot for the help and have a nice day,
Dave
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello Bo,

I just finished uploading and optimizing my website, the adres is:   http://dutchcomliving.com/

I tried following your advice and made a lot of changes to my website.

So everything is working well so far and i have made a Facebook page for my marketing, which is:  https://www.facebook.com/DutchcomLiving-116089709802848/

But now i am having problems linking my Shopify products to my Facebook. (Using Oberlo for products)
I made a seperate collection for Facebook and tried publishing it but i got a error message for every single product.
Saying:
*Product detail issues.
*Facebook requires specific product details. Edit these products to publish them to your Facebook Shop.
Then when i go to issues to see what is wrong i see this on every product:
*Can not be published. Please contact Facebook for more information.
I also tried uploading my products through Flexify which also didn't work, during the upload process i would only get a error message saying:  ''non-supporting XML feed format''   ''no items detected in the specified XML feed''

This is how it looks like: Naamloos.png

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Dave

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 75 149

Hey again, @Dave0295 

I have seen cases of Facebook denying products for unknown, and seemingly inaccurate, reasons. Reasons would be something like, "Can not be published. Please contact Facebook for more information". If this is the case, then as a troubleshooting step, I recommend using the Facebook Sharing Debugger.

The Facebook Sharing Debugger is a tool that will allow you to “scrape” the product and may give you more information about why it was denied. Using this tool, you’ll just want to paste the link to the product that wasn't approved (just make sure to use the .myshopify.com URL when linking the product). Once you’ve done this, you should see a message indicating the exact error.

Sometimes false positives can occur and Facebook will flag the product for “violating community standards”. This has been known to happen and if this is the case for you, you can click the blue “let us know” link showing on the tool, which will report the problem to Facebook. This is what it should look like:

24-01-iv612-78ga5

If, after following these steps you are still experiencing product publishing issues, I recommend reaching out to Facebook’s technical team via their Business Resources Page as this would indicate it is an issue entirely on their end. 

Let me know how that goes!

Bo

0 Likes
Astronaut
768 48 175

Hey Dutchcomliving,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for e-commerce.
  2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  5. Also, You have around 30 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and emptyhttps://dutchcomliving.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello Bo,

I recently made my own domain so the links to my products look like this now: 

https://dutchcomliving.com/products/abstract-deer-head-wall-decoration       (for example)

https://dutchcomliving.com/products/6cm-laser-engraved-solar-system-ball   (for example)

Is this the correct URL or does it really need to be .myshopify.com?

So when i put in those links i receive this warning on the first page:

Missing Properties:
The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id

And when i open the: Open graph object debugger link then i see multiple warnings(see picture)

Naamloos.png

I really hope you could help me out because i have no idea what to do.

Or should i perhaps go the Shopify Expert section and hire someone to fix this for me?

Dave,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 75 149

Hey again, @Dave0295 

Apologies, as this is a very specific Facebook issue, contacting Facebook may be your best course of action as the message suggests. 

Merchants can access the live chat service by visiting this link while logged into their Facebook Business Manager account: https://www.facebook.com/business/help

To start, click on the "Find answers or contact support" button.

Like Shopify support, they will have to fill out the prompts for their specific questions and then click on "chat with a representative" if the documents are unhelpful or if they wish to have live support.

facebooklivechatform

Facebook Live Chat is available to merchants between 9AM EST - 11PM EST.

All the Best,
Bo

0 Likes