First online store, feedback would be much appreciated

Tourist
10 0 0

Hi there!

This is the first real online store we have made and would like to hear any feedback or criticism you may have. This is a single product site, for a product we created. We are slowly starting to build a decent amount of visitors, but would like to know the best ways in which we could improve.

https://lacevault.com/

I have a few main questions:

1. Does it look professional? - Meaning, does it look trustworthy for a new customer visiting the site?

2. Does it make sense? - Is it obvious the purpose of the site, or is it confusing?

Any other feedback or criticism is much welcome... thank you :)

0 Likes

Hi @lacevault 

When I land on the home page you're trying to sell a $50 product to me straight away. I'd maybe remove this from home page or have it as one of the last things on the home page. I'd like to get a feeling for the product before the sell and get a idea about what you're all about. 

If your advertising is getting the message across well then you could direct traffic straight to product page or landing page. This way you can also build out really good product description with some images and maybe videos. 

Cheers 
Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Thank you very much for your reply! I originally had it at the bottom to make a grand build up for it but I was worried whether putting it there took too long to get to the point for the customer. But now you have confirmed it is better to put it to the bottom. I'll also consider removing it too, and leaving it for the product page.

Thanks!

0 Likes

@lacevault wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply! I originally had it at the bottom to make a grand build up for it but I was worried whether putting it there took too long to get to the point for the customer. But now you have confirmed it is better to put it to the bottom. I'll also consider removing it too, and leaving it for the product page.

Thanks!

No dramas. You could have call to actions going down the home page if you're worried. Example on the image with text have a SHOP NOW button. 

Just watched the video. Looks good. I was just in circular key last week. I don't know how I feel about the music but I'm guessing the younger kids like that type of music now. I think the website should appeal to parents also as I'm guessing most of the purchases would come from a parent. 

I don't live to far from you if you ever want to have a chat on phone or email and bounce ideas of me reach out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

No dramas. You could have call to actions going down the home page if you're worried. Example on the image with text have a SHOP NOW button.

For sure, thank you!

Just watched the video. Looks good. I was just in circular key last week. I don't know how I feel about the music but I'm guessing the younger kids like that type of music now. I think the website should appeal to parents also as I'm guessing most of the purchases would come from a parent. 

Yeah, I thought it would be a good background view for the video lol. Yeah, I used that music because its similar to the style of music used in a lot of vlog style channels (often using lofi hip hop background music). Since the product is aimed at sneaker people, which is generally a younger audience, we thought it would be a decent song choice. What style would you suggest?

I don't live to far from you if you ever want to have a chat on phone or email and bounce ideas of me reach out. 

Sure! Thanks a lot for the feedback again.

0 Likes

Awesome. I'm not sure what music would be good but the way I can see it is you're targeting young people that probably don't have much money that will most likely tell there parents about the product etc. I'd try to have music that kids and adults would enjoy. I could be wrong here but that's just what I think. 

If you ever want to chat you can reach me HERE

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

1 Like

Your product and site make sense. I feel the design could be a bit more crisp but it's a solid place to start. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and not have the product your homepage. Just keeping it on your product page, makes it easier to a/b test changes you make to the homepage and if those changes lead people deeper into the funnel

Product Page  Feedback

1. There is a lot of empty white space on your product page, which you could remove and tighten up your page a lot. Just some tweaks here and there could really make the product page even better.

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

Thank you for your input!

I have been considering changing the theme I'm using (parallax), mostly because even though it looks great on desktop, it look "ok" on mobile (since it lacks the parallax feature). And since 90%+ of our visitors are on mobile, I have considered the change. I may hold off on this one though for a bit longer and work with what I have right now.

I do have a couple questions for the home page if you have the time to expand on it:

Homepage:

1. Is there any obvious design changes I should make or is it simply a matter of refinement? Would changing the theme help?
  2. If I don't have the product on the homepage, what content should be there? Or is it just a matter of removing excess information and moving it to the product page?

Product page:

1. Noted, I do have a couple photos on there with just a white background and a bit too much spacing so I'll change that.
  2. Noted as well, I'll also work on adding reviews.

Thanks again for the feedback

0 Likes

To answer your questions...

Homepage:

1. I think it's more refinement and taking things up a notch with an eye for cleaner designer. Changing the theme could help a lot
  2. Taking away excess information. If you remove the product and can not get people to your product page, you know you need to work on what is on your homepage

Less can be more on the homepage, you don't need to put everything there. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

Thanks a tonne for your feedback! I'm now working on changing the theme now, and will experiment with it and see how it goes.

0 Likes