I had my first sale this morning, I was over the moon.
Please take a look and give me some feedback: www.westerdaleinteriors.co.uk
Things I'm already working on:
If you can think of anything that I can add onto my to-do list and improve please do let me know.
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
First off, congratulations on making the move to Shopify and your first sale! I would be happy to give you some feedback on your store. The first thing that sticks out to me as an important factor to consider is your store design, specifically your product pages. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. 15 great product pages that convert is a recommended resource to check out!
Also, I'd recommend investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Hi @W-Interiors !
Welcome to Shopify family and congrats on your store!
1. Your homepage looks like product page. I have following recommendations :
-Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
- Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
- Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool.
- Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
So, as a hero banner use an image that will resonate with your brand with a clear CTA.
2. Take a second look at the pricing policy of yours. Clearly, you are one who really knows the true price for a product, so make sure your customers also understand why they are paying a certain amount for a specific product. You can tell more about your brand, resources that you use, that the part of the money is donated, that you are based on sustainable development, etc. A customer needs to know why he/she needs to buy from you but not from a place with more affordable price tags.
3. Add "About us" page
4. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
5. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
8. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
9. The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
10. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
11.Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website. Here is one app Hotjar that can help you with this.
12. There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop
13. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
14. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
This is an accepted solution.
I've taken a look at your store and have some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. In the QUICK LINKS section, change Home page to Home.
6. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
10. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
11. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
This is an accepted solution.
Hey @W-Interiors, congratulations on your first sale. Let's get the ball rolling!
You can see many great suggestions above on how to increase conversion rate by adding social proof, refund policy, etc. However, the weakness that stands out the most for me is that it doesn't have a sticky header and menu navigation. As you can see in the gif below, your header with search bar and cart button will disappear if I scroll down. The same happens to your menu navigation (Clocks, Cushion, Decor, etc). Making the header and menu sticky allows the customers to better navigate your site. They can click on their cart and jump to the collection page they want no matter where they are on the home page.
You can learn more about sticky header in section 3.2 of this guide. Even though the guide is for mobile, most tips are applicable to laptops as well. Best of luck!
This is an accepted solution.
Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. i like the minimal theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you.
Do let me know if this is useful for you.
Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!