First store and learning (feedback appreciated)

Nick961
Tourist
7 0 1

Could you please give feedback this is a one product store just until I understand everything. Had one order and ran 2 £5 ads.

I am going to show full product description and reviews under homepage instead of ‘full details’ I will do this when I’m home later. 

Any recommendations on apps to use. I am aware site is very very basic but help or advice is welcomed please! 

www.time-slicing.com

Nick961
Tourist
7 0 1

Anyone? 

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @Nick961!  
I’m here to help! You’ve done a lot of work on your site, and it shows. It’s frustrating to spend money on ads and get so little traction.

So let’s talk about your site. I would highly recommend using visitors behavior to see what people are doing on your site, especially before you make a lot of changes (like you’ve been doing today). It’ll help you see what’s stopping people from checking out and what’s not. You could be making changes that aren’t going to impact conversions as much as other changes. 

Diving in...

• Announcement bar: Be sure to link your “Free shipping on all orders” to your ordering page. It should jump down to product information.
  • Hero image: This is where I start to see a missed opportunity. I love the name of your product and the product itself, but it misses the mark here. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, to see if people are scrolling through each image. My gut assumption is that they aren’t. A video here may work better - one that shows your product in action. Additionally, you have to have a CTA. Even if it just jumps to the product information, there needs to be a way for them to engage with the product.
  • Mission statement: “We’re always looking for ways…” is unnecessary here. Take it and your brand name off this page. It’s already on your About Us page, so you don’t need to reiterate it. It’s not a crucial part of the sales funnel. 
  • Let’s talk about the information: You’re letting the photos do all of the talking for you. I get that it’s not a complicated product, but the product information isn’t enough. It feels like it needs something more to explain it. An FAQ page? A video tutorial? An infographic? There needs to be something else where you can go to get questions answered. Live chat would help; running a poll to learn more about your visitors may help as well. 
  • Shipping information: You offer free shipping right now, so why not highlight it? Instead of “shipping calculated at checkout,” reiterate that free shipping.
  • If you are selling internationally, make sure you have a currency localization option as well. 
  • Reviews: Where did your reviews go? They vanished! Featuring a few testimonials would be a better way to go, but having a page dedicated to reviews wouldn’t hurt. Just be sure to move over more than just five-star reviews. I get that you don’t have many organic reviews, but just five-star reviews raise red flags. 

In your footer:

• Newsletter: If someone’s coming to your website, they aren’t sure if they want to buy from you. That same person won’t know if they want to join your newsletter. You have to give them more. In this case, “styles” isn’t even relevant. Instead, think about the community you’re building. Can you build out a recipe section that involves ingredients that would need the help of your product? Or is there a deal you can offer to buy one, send one to a friend? This is the sort of stuff you can consider offering in exchange for that email address.
  • Contact us: Remove the phone number field; it has a high abandonment rate. Also, include your email address and phone number with a message about how pleased you are to answer their questions. You want to give them multiple ways to contact you. 
  • About us: You can do better than this. This is where you can relate to people. Did you grow up always having to chop vegetables for your mom and hated every second of it? Have you ever almost cut your thumb off instead of that sweet potato? 
  • Privacy Policy: Link your email address. 
  • Terms and Conditions: Link your email address. 
  • Shipping: I would reiterate the free shipping. Do you ship internationally? Put that information in here as well. 
  • Returns: I would see how many people make it to this page. I’m seeing a few red flags. Whether or not other people see it as well is a different story. My concerns: 1) You have 30 days to return an item but have to contact you within 7 days. That’s pretty quick. 2) It has to be unused. So if I’m a customer who tried it and was upset that it didn’t work, I couldn’t return it. That makes someone not interested in buying from you. Again, it’s not absolute that people are getting to this page and getting turned off.

You’re headed in the right direction, and you should be proud of how good it’s looking. Your starting point is so far ahead of where other merchants are. Visitor behavior, through things like heatmaps and session recordings, will help you get a better understanding of what visitors do on your site and why they aren’t converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Growave
Shopify Partner
849 21 244

Hi @Nick961 !

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services. 

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes