First time trying, please give me feedback on my store :)

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there,

This is the first time i have tried dropshipping and shopify.

I really would appreciate any and all feedback, tips, trick, help literally anything.

I've been following a course i purchased, i ordered my own sample, filmed my own ads, took my own product photos and created the store myself.

I have been running FB ads as an engagement campaign for the first two days, then i created a lookalike audience of the visitors to my sight and ran purchase campaigns targeting the top 1% of the lookalike audience.

The Purchase campaigns have been running for 24 hours at £30 a day budget and i have about 400 people visit my site a day, the ads are getting a decent amount of interaction on social media, especially instagram, i have a facebook page and instagram page linked with the ads.

But so far i have had 0 Add to Cart, 0 Initiate checkout, 0 Purchases.

I have set up a really good abandoned cart sequence via email and sms, but obviously this is no good if i get no abandoned carts.

Please give me as much help and feedback as possible it would be really appreciated

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/halolightco/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/halolightco/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 5

Hey there @halolightco ,

Looking at your store, there are a few reasons why you're not getting any sales. Firstly the cost of the item looks too steep, at the end of the day it's a plastic frame with some lights attached at the end, going anywhere above £100 is a tough sale. Don't get me wrong, it's still possible if you tackle the right niche with your ads, there are some big spenders in every niche. However, for the average consumer, I reckon you're slightly off.

As previously mentioned, I don't know exactly what audience you're tackling with your ads, but it seems to me that it's slightly overkill to run campaign targeting on any audience without any confirmed sales. In my opinion, you should go back to square 1 and find that gold audience that brings you in the money. Otherwise, you'll have visitors that aren't that committed to the product and you're wasting time and money targeting these individuals.

Website wise, there's a handful of things that you could try to work on but honestly, I've seen ''worse'' looking stores that are doing thousands per day so it's not as clear as night and day the cause/result. None the less, you can remove your ''Powered by Shopify'' in the footer as an initial approach, secondly, a Quantity button on the product page itself could be useful, although at the moment with no sales, probably not critical. As for the home page, you have chunks of text scattered throughout with some images. Although they're high-quality, there's no contrast or extra attention in perhaps creating a box of text in white and have the text in a darker color to really grab the reader's attention.

I'd be happy to help with the graphic design component and store development. We can discuss further in private if you're interested.

Thanks,

Miguel

1 Like
Highlighted

hi @halolightco., welcome to the Shopify family.

First of all, congrats on your new store, and I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. Halo light is something I'd have ordered if I was not stuck out of the country in a lockdown :/  Secondly, not being one to comment on pricing, I do however have a couple suggestions on the home page & beyond - listing the top three things I noted below:

1. Home page is like the Welcome Reception or Store Windows of your store. And just like in a real life store, you want to display your best products and offers right at the window & lobby, isn't it? In the case of your store,  i don't see product any product until i scroll (see attachment). Now, I am a patient older millennial, but imagine people in their early/mid 30's, and 20's. They will drop off.

Solution: Show product images + offers upfront! As soon as I open your store, I should see the kickass product you're trying to sell to me :)

2. You have amazing details in the product page about why I can use it. Showcase it better!

Solution: It can be shown with icons, or stickers, or images. If I am a new user I can immediately see "why" i should use it, not have to imagine it at all.

Lighting for social media videos and photos

Lighting for YouTube videos

Makeup artist light

Selfie light and tripod

Live-streaming light

Video call light

Tattoo artist light

Eyelash extension light

3. There is no urgency or #fomo (fear of missing out) in your store. As a passer by window shopper, I need to feel like "Oh man I need this now". I've seen apps that can help with this by adding like "Sale" or "Promo" etc stickers to quickly make a passerby become a shopper. Oh also, you do have an offer on the home page on the top, but it is so pale text. 

Solution: Use some kind of stickers to show that there is a sale or promo you have running in your store and shoppers should grab it now. 

I can give a few more pointers, but do try these out first for quick wins. I'm always around to offer any more help as needed, feel free to message back anytime. 

Oh, and stay safe.

Kay

PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

sale is palesale is palethis video needs a better kick, why dont we start with this part?this video needs a better kick, why dont we start with this part?too much text where is product?too much text where is product?

Kay Mann, the eCommerce nerd and Bitmoji fan :)
2 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @MiguelOliveira 

Thanks for taking a look i really appreciate it!

I think the product could be the problem, but i will give it a little while to test! i'm going to bring the price down for now too!

My audience is really aiming at 'instagram influencer want to be's and anyone looking to take their online content to a more professional level.

I get what you're saying with the ads, so go back and run engagement campaigns for longer, to get more data on my pixel etc.

I'm glad the store isn't the worst you've seen, i know its not top tier and i could have put more effort into making it even better, but for now i will play things out before making a decision.

So for my second attempt at a store maybe pick a product under the £50 mark and hopefully my strategy should pay off.

Again i really do appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted

hi halolightco, welcome to the Shopify family.

First of all, congrats on your new store, and I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. Halo light is something I'd have ordered if I was not stuck out of the country in a lockdown :/ Secondly, not being one to comment on pricing, I do however have a couple suggestions on the home page & beyond - listing the top three things I noted below:

1. Home page is like the Welcome Reception or Store Windows of your store. And just like in a real life store, you want to display your best products and offers right at the window & lobby, isn't it? In the case of your store, i don't see any product until i scroll (see attachment). Now, I am a patient older millennial, but imagine people in their early/mid 30's, and 20's. They will drop off.
Solution: Show product images + offers upfront! As soon as I open your store, I should see the kickass product you're trying to sell to me :)

2. You have amazing details in the product page about why I can use it. Showcase it better!
Solution: It can be shown with icons, or stickers, or images. If I am a new user I can immediately see "why" i should use it, not have to imagine it at all.

3. There is no urgency or #fomo (fear of missing out) in your store. As a passer by window shopper, I need to feel like "Oh man I need this now". I've seen apps that can help with this by adding like "Sale" or "Promo" etc stickers to quickly make a passerby become a shopper. Oh also, you do have an offer on the home page on the top, but it is so pale text. 
Solution: Use some kind of stickers to show that there is a sale or promo you have running in your store and shoppers should grab it now. 

I can give a few more pointers, but do try these out first for quick wins. I'm always around to offer any more help as needed, feel free to message back anytime. 
Oh, and stay safe.

Kay
PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

2.png3.pnghomepage.png

2 Likes
Highlighted

@halolightco hi guys i see the update on the store. Looks so much cooler now! 

Thanks for accepting a suggestion, do like my post if it helped

2 Likes