Fitness Marketplace - 1st wk - $100.00 sales - 51 email subscribers - is this real?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

i just launched a new fitness marketplace store.

---> gainzlocker-retail.com

Right now we are drop shipping fitness tools, and apparel.  The Store is going to act as second revenue stream for my online MEAL PREP company which has been operating for approx 2 years. 

I am now getting several thousand visits to my meal prep company website and the majority of customers are fitness related.  The idea was to use shopify to create a clothing brand line but figured why not incorporate fitness products as well so we began to search products we could drop ship. The store is now operating as a stand alone store seperate from my mealprep company website but the plan is to have it as a direct link from the top of my meal company website which is already getting large traffic so it will have built in traffic once we link the two stores.

Weve been operating for 1 week and have already got a few sales but weve also been getting a lot of email subscribers. are these real ? seems crazy that i would have this many random visits sign up for email before even launching. 

Just wondering if there is anyone that knows a little more than i do in regards to how to polish the new store a little and get it ready for a smooth launch. 

All feedback is greatly appreciated. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

The font that you selected is a little difficult to read throughout the site. I would go with something a little bit smaller or use the same font you did on your primary site. That's much easier to read and looks more refined.

Your product descriptions vary depending on what product you look at. Some of them look really good and then others are showing in all capitals. 

If you're copying from another site, you may want to paste what you copy into notepad first and then into the description field. You will have to re-create the bullets and formatting, but you will keep a consistent look throughout all your descriptions.

Hope this helps,
Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks mike,

thats all good feedback! 

we're slowly trying to work through product descriptions to make them flow with consistency.  

also gonna try to change up our font and size. 

much appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
86 6 19

Move the trust seals to below the add to cart button not at the bottom of the description. 

Change your add to cart color to something brighter, I prefer blue or green but amazon using orange/yellow. 

Remove all the boxes on your cart page besides the checkout button. The continue shopping and update should just be links not buttons and the paypal and other payment buttons shouldn't be on your cart page. 

On your collection page your price says $4.04 for the yoga block but on the product page it says $5.38. That will cause customers to not trust your site. 

I would recommend hiring someone on upwork or fiverr to give you further optimization help. https://www.fiverr.com/share/AwbbQ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

thanks matt,

love all that.... working on it as we speak.

except how do i remove all the boxes on my cart page. love some help there?

@MattR1 wrote:

Move the trust seals to below the add to cart button not at the bottom of the description. 

Change your add to cart color to something brighter, I prefer blue or green but amazon using orange/yellow. 

Remove all the boxes on your cart page besides the checkout button. The continue shopping and update should just be links not buttons and the paypal and other payment buttons shouldn't be on your cart page. 

On your collection page your price says $4.04 for the yoga block but on the product page it says $5.38. That will cause customers to not trust your site. 

I would recommend hiring someone on upwork or fiverr to give you further optimization help. https://www.fiverr.com/share/AwbbQ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 22 55

Hi, there!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've gone through and read your forum post and I think I can provide you with some tips and suggestions that could help you with your new storefront. First of all, I think the business plan you have is so exciting. Combining a meal prep website with a fit apparel and accessories storefront is a great combination. 

Let's start with addressing the issue you were having with your email subscribers; there are people that create spambots that would "sign up" for email marketing or an email subscription to different online stores. I can definitely see why one would be concerned about spambots as your online store statistics and data can be impacted by the false information that the spambot would automatically enter. Plenty of online stores have had experience with spambots, but there are some ways to prevent them from effecting your email marketing. There is a really great guide and information doc created by MailChimp that I would highly recommend going through, be sure to check that guide out, here!

I've also taken a look at your storefront and there are some slight adjustments that I would recommend making that could potentially boost your traffic and conversion. At first glance I can see that quite a lot of the graphics and product images are either stock photos or are provided by a dropshipping vendor. I would recommend getting your own product photographs and website graphics created - this would strengthen the trust between merchant and customer while also providing a more professional aesthetic to your website. My rule of thumb when it comes to product images would be to be consistent. Your product images should be high enough in resolution so that they don't look blurry or pixelated, they should all have the same formatting (square or rectangle) and they should all be on a solid coloured background (think white, grey, or black with no graphics or text). 

I do think you're doing a very good job at your website design, so there aren't many changes I would suggest making as your website already looks great! However, I would focus on narrowing down the amount of content on your homepage. Keep in mind that your customers will know to go through to your Apparel Collection or Catalog pages out of instinct, so you don't need to showcase many products on the homepage. I would suggest narrowing it down to 3-4 products showcased on the homepage as well as removing the 'Most Popular Item's' list near the footer.

I would like to leave you with a few fantastic resources that are well worth a read through. These resources can help you with conversion testing, driving sales and improving traffic. Be sure to check out; 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Love the 'open your locker.'  just looked quickly but looked clean and easy to use.

0 Likes