Fonts are huge?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Can someone take a look at my site and give insight into the size of the font on the theme. It didn't seem large when I was editing it, but now it does. It also looks larger than another brand's site that I know uses the Narrative theme. Any thoughts on how I can make it all look smaller? 

Site: thistleandthreaddesign.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @thistlethread 

I actually think the fonts look quite great on the desktop. However, on mobile your menu navigation seem to be a bit too large.

Since you are likely to see a majority of your traffic on mobile, I would recommend optimizing for that device and consider reducing your header title to something condensed such as just "Thistle & Thread" or "Thistle & Thread Design" instead of "Thistle and Thread Design". Alternatively, adding a logo to show up in that space instead of text would be a great way to add to your brand and save space.

We actually have a free logo making tool called Hatchful that is a terrific way to get a free logo. It's also very easy to use and generates logo concepts for you.

Let me know if this helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1012 209 254

Hello 

While checking your store, I find you use css

html {font-size: 16px !important}

font-size.PNG
And I think its in theme.liquid. I suggest remove it, once you remove it everything will be fine.

may be I'm wrong because Shopify staff already checked your store but please try.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi,

I am an experienced Shopify developer and I can provide solutions for you on a good budget. Please feel free to contact me regarding any help that you might need.

Regards,

Shamar Sanyal

Email: shamar.sanyal@outlook.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @thistlethread,

Yes, the font is needlessly large and is harming your store UX. 

To fix this, you need to edit the page within your theme.

From your Shopify Admin > Online Store > Theme > Edit Code > theme.liquid

Then you can search for this keyword "font", there you can adjust the font size of the whole store.

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes