Fraudsters using Shopify to cheat people

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Team, this is to notify everyone here that litbasket.in domain registered on Shopify is a fraud website.  They use this platform to create fake websites.  Can somebody help me locate and identify the fraudsters who can then be handed over to the police. 

If I do not receive an update, I will raise this issue on news channels/ newspaper and also social media.

I hope the Shopify team take this seriously to ensure that the platform is not used for fraudulent activities.  

Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes it's a fraud store. I also got cheated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you for the reply Sandeep.  Now we need Shopify team to provide the user details to put them behind bars.  I have their IP Address and that should be enough for reaching the cybercell.  Also I will ensure Shopify team is answerable and they provide all the information about the user who set up this account.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify support team told me to fill the below form:

https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

I've filled and submitted it. Also, I've reached out to PayU India support on Twitter and asked them to provide a refund and block their payment gateway account. 

You also reach to PayU India support team and report this fraud. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 15 54

Hi, @Prasanthk.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you for reaching out and connecting with us. I'm truly sorry that you had this experience, and I want you to know that we have a zero tolerance policy for fraudulent or unethical activity on our platform. 

I very much appreciate, @SandeepKH, sharing the link for our AUP violations page as this is the best way to report any unethical stores and help us implement our strict guidelines and protocols for handling these situations. 

To give you even further context in these situations, due to privacy and client security we are unable to provide updates on the process of our investigations, as we are restricted from confirming or checking if a particular store is hosted with our platform.

With that being said, your bank also has the necessary protocols to open a chargeback case and notify us internally should this be a store using our services. They are also able to support you throughout this process and provide information from their end. 

I further encourage you to check out our detailed FAQ for store customers to find the answers to other common questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes